Chapter-40

We all left the room and went down the elevator towards the hall where the wedding ceremony was to be conducted.

I lifted my gaze to see both Jeet and Shreyas standing at the mandap dressed in off white Sherwanis looking all handsome and dashing. I averted my gaze as soon as I felt Jeet's eyes on me.

I and Leena walked slowly towards the mandap where the guys were waiting for us. Jeet and Shreyas moved towards us and gave us their hands to help us walk until our seats. We gladly took their hands and moved with them to the priest with a small smile on our faces.

All four of us sat near the priest at the mandap performing the ritual as the priest said. It had been just a few minutes when suddenly the lights went off. I felt someone's hold on my hand and I knew whose hand it was, I too held his hand tightly. Just when we were about to get up there was a loud male scream, I got tensed and called Jeet to make sure he was fine. But he didn't reply and his grip on my hand loosened. I tried to tighten my grip but before I could do that I heard another scream, it was a female scream this time and it was close. I started panicking and calling Jeet, Leena, and Shreyas along with my Mom and Shriya Mom.

I was still shouting their name when I felt a hand on my waist, I was about to scream when another hand covered my mouth preventing me from screaming.

"Shhhh It's just me, don't scream." There was a whisper in my ear and I calmed down hearing the voice.

Just then the light turned on again and the scene in front of us was shocking. I and Jeet looked to my side and found Leena lying there looking pale and blood oozing from her head. I felt I couldn't breathe and started panicking when Shriya Mom hugged me preventing me from watching Leena.

Shreyas and one of his Uncles who was a doctor, quickly helped Leena treating the wound on her head. Thankfully the cut wasn't too big and they were able to fix it quickly. Leena was trembling in fear and Shreyas hugged her telling that everything is fine and it was just a mishap.

After a few minutes, Leena was fine and smiling again, I too calmed down looking at her.

Jeet asked the pandit to continue the wedding ceremony and after a couple of hours, the ceremony was over. When Jeet filled the partition of my hair with vermillion and put the Mangalsutra around my neck I felt a different feeling of happiness as well as fear inside my heart.

We got up from our seats to take blessings from all the elders, we went towards Jeet's Grandpa and touched his feet to take blessings from him.

"God Bless both of you. Welcome to the family officially Trisha Beta. I am so proud that Abhi chose you." Grandpa said as his hand caressed my head.

"Thanks, Grandpa, it's me who is lucky to have him and all of you loving people in my life." I said smiling and he chuckled.

Then we went towards Shriya Mom to touch her feet, Jeet was about to bend when I stopped him. Everyone looked at me with raised brows but Jeet understood me without even asking me. He took out his cellphone and made a quick call to someone whispering something into the phone.

After a few minutes, a handsome man with a little beard entered the hall and stood beside Shriya Mom making everyone gasp.

Shriya Auntie kept looking at the man in shock and surprise, her emotions were evident on her face, tears started rolling down from her eyes and it looked like her throat was choking as she wanted to say something but words didn't come out of her mouth.

"Relax Shriya, it's me only. Your Shekhar. I am sorry I couldn't come earlier, I will tell you everything soon." Shekhar Uncle said and Shriya Mom couldn't control herself and hugged Shekhar uncle as she sobbed in his arms.

Shekhar Uncle kept stroking her hair and rubbed her back while consoling her. After almost 15 minutes Shriya Mom calmed down and smiled. They both gave us their blessings.

"I am so happy that I could be here to see you both getting married. This was all I and your Dad ever wanted. I wish he was here." Shekhar Uncle said with teary eyes.

"Uncle I too wish he was here but it's alright if he is not here at least you are. You are no less than him to me." I said and he patted my head.

"Sure I am here for you anytime you need me and if this son of mine ever troubles you, you know where to come." He said and I giggled nodding my head. Jeet rolled his eyes making me and Uncle laugh.

"Sure Uncle and we will both give him a lesson." I said laughing and Uncle nodded.

"Sure, we will. Beta you call Shriya Mom but I am still your Uncle. When will you call me Dad?" he asked almost pouting.

I giggled at his childishness, I wondered if Jeet will be like that too.

"Sorry Dad, now I will not call you Uncle." I said and he smiled at me.

Then Jeet and I went to take blessings from my Mom. She gave us her blessings and kissed both our foreheads.

"I wish you both all the happiness and ages of togetherness." Mom said and we hugged her.

"Well Well Well, look at all the happy people here." We heard a strong male voice and we all turned our heads in the direction.