Chapter-17

I woke up to my alarm at 5:30 AM as usual and finished my morning workout before I woke up Leena and we both got ready for the city tour as Jeet planned.

When we got down in the lobby after breakfast, we found everyone gathered there all excited for the city tour. It was a nice change for everyone from practicing and strategizing. We saw Shreyas and Jeet joining all of them along with few more higher-ups from the company who we only met once at the launch party.

Someone announced that two buses were arranged for all of us to go for the city tour and the executives will be joining us on the bus.

Everyone got on the bus, Leena got a message from Shreyas asking us to climb last and sit at the end, so we did. Soon our men joined us at the back along with another couple. They introduced themselves as Anuj and Sheeba. We heard their name last night from Jeet and Shreyas, Anuj was their friend who owned the hotel and Sheeba was his wife. They knew our little secret, so it wasn't awkward for us to be friendly with our men in-front of them.

The whole bus ride Shreyas and Jeet were holding Leena's and my hands respectively in secret. The first place we visited was Golden Temple, it was a Gurudwara (a worship place for Sikh religion). Thankfully I was dressed traditionally in Patiala salwar and Kurti along with dupatta which I used to cover my head before entering the worship hall. It is a mandate for all to cover their heads before entering a Gurudwara, so everyone was covering their heads either with dupattas, handkerchiefs, hats or caps. We prayed together as couples getting some suspicious stares and glares but we were not going to spoil our little day out together so we ignored everything.

Next we visited the Jalian Wala Bagh, it was a garden with historical significance. In early 1900's when British's ruled India, there was a huge massacre happened in the history of our country in that garden when the General at that time closed the only entrance and exit to the park and ordered his soldiers to fire gunshots at all the people who were attending the meeting that was happening there irrespective of the age and gender of the attenders. Hundreds of people were shot and rest who were patriotic and didn't want to be shot by British soldiers chose to jump in the well that was inside the park. It was a dreadful day of Indian history. People visit this place to pay their tribute to all those who got killed in that massacre.

When we visited Jalian Wala Bagh, it reminded our childhood memories, Jeet and I used to come here often with our parents and our Dads would tell the whole story. We would salute the martyrs and see our Dads paying tribute too. We both had some silent tears welled up in our eyes, Jeet kept his emotions in check as he is the CEO of the company and can't be seen emotional whereas I was a total mess. Its been years that I cried so much. After my uncle tried to force himself on me, I cried for few days remembering Dad and hating myself for being week but ever since then I never cried again until yesterday.

Leena hugged me knowing Jeet can't since everyone was around. After few minutes I was fine.

After lunch we all went to shop at the local market the ever so famous fulkari work clothes. Leena and I bought lot of patialas, jackets, dupattas and sarees with different types of fulkari work on them. We also bought stuff for our men and mothers. Everyone shopped for few hours and then we all went to Wagah Border. It's one of the National Borders between India and Pakistan where every morning both the countries soldiers raise their flags and at evening the soldiers would take down the flags. It's a sight to watch them marching and saluting while doing that. Wagah Border used to be mine and Jeet's favorite place and we used to come here every alternate weekend with our dads while our mothers would go shopping or busy themselves in something or the other.

This was a place where we would act as soldiers performing the ceremony of flag raising or bringing it down.

It was a great day reminiscing our childhood memories, remembering how close we used to be, never letting a day pass without meeting each other, without teasing or irritating each other.

When we reached hotel it was 8:00 PM, most of the people who were staying at hotel with us went to dining hall to have dinner but Leena and I ditched them since Jeet and Shreyas said they will join us for dinner.

When Leena and I reached our room after bidding everyone goodbye, Jeet and Shreyas were already waiting there with food on the table. We had our dinner bickering with each other and sharing stories about our childhood.

The guys decided to stay with us for the night, Leena was okay but I was little worried if anyone saw them it will jeopardize our situation in the show.