Chapter-34

The next morning when I woke up Jeet was nowhere to be seen, I looked at my mobile phone, it was 7:00 AM.

I knew that the chooda ceremony will not happen before 11:30 AM so I decided to sleep for a couple of more hours.

After what felt like a few minutes I heard a knock on the door. I quickly jumped out of the sofa bed, pushed it inside to turn it into the sofa, threw the sheets on the bed and went to open the door. Leena was still sleeping like a pig during all this while.

I opened the door and found Mom and Leena's mom there. They both entered the room with a smile, Auntie went inside the bedroom to wake Leena up while mom made me sit on the sofa with her.

"Trisha, I want to talk to you about something." She said holding my hand.

I realized she wanted to talk to me about that Monster coming to the wedding.

"Mom it is alright, I know already although I am a little upset that I wasn't told earlier but that's alright. Jeet promised me he won't let that monster near me." I said and Mom looked at me surprised, after a few seconds she smiled awkwardly.

"Sweety I am sorry, I wanted to tell you earlier beta but since I was so busy in all the preparations with Shriya and Uncle that it slipped from my mind. When I realized that he will be coming with his family today that's when I came here." Mom said trying to explain herself.

"Mom it's alright, you don't have to stress yourself with the guilt. I know you would have told me if you got a chance. Just make sure he doesn't try to act too cozy else I will rip him apart." I said and Mom nodded.

We talked about a few other things before she left for leaving me in the room to get ready for the Chooda ceremony. Leena's mom too left leaving a half sleepy Leena in the bedroom.

"Leena, get up we have to get ready for chooda ceremony." I said shaking her in order to wake her up.

"Mhhmmm... A few more minutes, I slept very late." She said covering her face with the pillow.

"Ahem Ahem.. I know you must be tired after all you slept late since your fiancé was here with you." I said teasing her and she blushed with a smile.

"Ahem ahem Leena darling, your smile is telling me that what I am thinking is right." I said teasing her some more and then a pillow hit my face. I giggled and for the next 10 minutes, we were engaged in a pillow fight.

We were laughing hard rolling on the bed once we were done with the fighting.

"Trisha promise me nothing will change between us even after marriage." Leena said controlling her laughter.

"Darling, my first love, I am already married, did anything change in the past five months?" I asked her.

"No, but your marriage was only for namesake till now since you were living with me rather than your husband. Now we both will be living with our husbands and we don't know how often we will be able to spend time with each other." She said rolling her eyes.

"Stupid, even though we will be living with our husbands, don't forget our husbands are best friends too just like us. What are you being worried about." I asked and she bit her tongue as if she realized what I was saying.

We both giggled and got up from the bed to get ready. Soon I was dressed in a red and blue saree and Leena wore a turquoise blue Patiala salwar suit.

We both were taken by her cousins to the hall where the ceremony was supposed to be held. We were made to sit on the mattress with Leena's cousins holding red decorated dupattas holding on top of us.

Then Leena's maternal was made to sit close to her since I didn't have a maternal uncle, Leena's Dad played the role for me and sat close to me.

Then they were given the chooda after cleaning it with milk and water as a part of the ritual, they made us wear the chooda in our arms while our eyes were kept closed.

After they placed the chooda in our arms they covered it with white cloth since it was considered unlucky for the bride to see it before the wedding ceremony.

Then all the females tied the kaleerien on our hands. After it, we were fed a lot of sweets by relatives. I was about to get up to go to our room when I heard his voice. I couldn't move, my eyes turned red and my hands were shaking. I closed my eyes and remembered what Jeet told me. I opened my eyes again and this time I was calm.

As I got up from my seat and was about to go to my room when he came in front of me.

"Trisha beta, you grew up so big and beautiful. Congratulations beta." He said and I looked at him with disgust.

I went away from there but heard his evil chuckle before I left.