Chapter-13

The next two days went in blur finishing my commitments and doing rituals for the wedding. Jeet wanted to take me out on a date on Saturday but moms spoiled his plan saying it's not good for groom to see bride alone once the rituals start. And since the rituals started Leena was stuck with me like a leech. I tried to send her away luring him by Shreyas name but she didn't budge and I couldn't meet with jeet these two not even on a video call. So much for these rituals, but I know they are all for our welfare.

Today was Monday, my wedding day. I couldn't sleep last night thinking about my new life and if I will be able to keep Jeet happy. Yes I was having wedding jitters but I knew they will pass soon.

After the chooda(wedding bangles) ceremony where Mom's brother was supposed to make me wear chooda but since we didn't invite anyone, Leena's Dad performed the ritual as he treated me as his daughter and Mom like a sister. I was missing Dad and Shekhar uncle, they both would have been very happy if they were here today.

Soon we were outside the court to sign the papers and become husband and wife legally. I was wearing a red zari saree with a beautiful fulkari(special style of embroidery available in Punjab) red dupatta Shriya Mom gave me covering my head. Jeet wore a simple yet elegant cream and maroon kurta pajama with a maroon jacket, he looked devilishly handsome and I couldn't help ogling at him. Jeet and I exchanged garlands in front of the marriage registrar, exchanged rings, and signed the papers with Leena, Shreyas and our Moms as witnesses.

Everyone congratulated us and we celebrated our wedding by having a lavish dinner at one of the best five star hotels in town.

When we reached home, moms told us to wait at the door as they performed some more rituals to welcome us in the house. When we were done with all the rituals and all it was already 4:00 PM. Moms asked us to rest if we want but Jeet had to finish some work so he was asked to finish his work in his room whereas I spent the rest of the day with Moms.

My mom and Shriya Mom were very happy today as their long time wish got fulfilled. Shriya Mom came to me and gave me two gold bangles as a blessing.

"Trisha Beta, as much as I wanted to welcome you in our home in Amritsar, I am still happy that I will get to do that once the show is over and knowing that you are already my daughter in law now and you cant go anywhere else makes me happy that finally Shekhar's wish was fulfilled. I love you beta, you are not my daughter in law, you are my daughter and if Abhi ever misbehaves you, troubles you or hurt you, please never hesitate to tell me and I will make sure he regret his actions." Shriya mom said and I hugged her.

"Don't worry Mom, I know how to torture him if he ever misbehaves or troubles me but if I need help I will definitely come to you and Mom and you both can punish him by making him do sit-ups." I said and we all laughed together.

We kept talking and laughing for next few hours and stopped only when Geeta asked us to come down to dining hall for dinner. I was about to go to my room to change clothes and jewelry when Moms told me to go once the dinner is over as its already late and they are tired.

After dinner when I was about to go to my room I was stopped by my mom.

"Trisha, wait beta." She called me and I turned. She came towards me from kitchen with a glass of milk. I was looking at her confused.

"Mom you know I don't drink milk before sleeping. Why are you giving me this?" I asked her pointing towards the glass.

"Oh god, what will I do with this girl. This is not for you, this is for Abhi." She said and gave the glass to me.

"Okay, but I never saw him drinking milk at night. Moreover if its for him why don't you give it to him yourself?" I asked and she rolled her eyes, I heard Geeta chuckle at our bickering.

"Stupid girl, you are now his wife and its your duty. Now take this glass without arguing anymore and go to your room. Don't lock your room." She said almost shouting and I knew better than to argue so I took the glass from her hand silently and retired to my room.

As soon as I entered my room my eyes widened. My room was decorated with candles, dim lights and flowers. My bed was covered with rose petals and net curtains, it dawned on me that tonight was my wedding night and I started feeling nervous. I slowly walked towards the side table to the right of the bed and kept the glass of milk there. As I turned to go to go to bathroom to change I saw Jeet entering my room. I realized it's not just my room now, it's ours. I know usually its guy's home and guy's room but since we were still in Delhi at my place and my room was master bedroom we had to share it.

"Ahem Ahem" I heard Jeet coughing looking at me and bringing me out of my thoughts.

I quickly picked up the milk and offered him. He smiled and took the glass. He gulped it down in one go staring at me intently making me blush.

He gave me the empty glass back and I kept it back on the side table.

Jeet came close to me and I was looking down due to shyness. He made me look at him by pulling my chin up with his fingers.

"You look gorgeous. I couldn't take my eyes off you whole day. You know how much Shreyas teased me the whole day?" He said and I blushed again.

"Trisha I know you still haven't sorted out your feelings yet and I want to make it special for you so don't be nervous I will wait for you when you want it to happen. Don't worry and change." He said and in that moment I realized this man in-front of me loved me to no end.

He turned to go away but I held onto his wrist tightly. He turned confused.

"Jeet I love it that you care so much about my feelings but I hate it that you assume too much on your own. Yes I know I said that I need time to sort my feelings for you but I also said you are more then a friend to me. You are now my husband and I know I am not too far from realizing my love for you but I don't want to wait till then to accept this marriage and you completely. I told you that I will be blessed to be showered by your love and I want to experience that with you." I said all in one go and when I realized what I said my cheeks turned red and I looked everywhere in the room but him.

He closed the distance between us and made me look at him. He smashed his lips onto mine without saying anything and I kissed him with equal passion he was showing me.

Soon his hands were exploring my body and with increasing heat in the room we consummated our marriage.