Chapter-26

It's been three days Jeet was still in coma, Moms were praying day and night for him, I was busy understanding the current situation at Abhishree since I will have to help Shreyas handling business for Jeet along with taking care of Jeet and staying at hospital. Shreyas was managing everything well but considering he had other duties to fulfill it wasn't fair to ask him managing everything alone. Most investors had met and trusted Jeet more so they were more comfortable communicating with Jeet, now that Jeet was not available to attend their weekly board meeting, Shreyas was worried.

Today we had the board meeting in an hour, I wasn't sure how much it will help Jeet and Shreyas but I agreed to represent Jeet in the meeting.

When I entered the board room with Shreyas, I saw few men and couple women sitting around the conference table who looked at us confused.

"Hello all the board members and I want to introduce to you Miss Trisha Talwar who will be representing Abhijeet since Abhi is not here. She will be helping us till the time Abhi returns to office." Shreyas said and all of the board members raised their brows towards me.

"But where is Abhijeet? You know we all come here every week so we can meet him and discuss our issues and ideas with him. He is the best decision maker you know that." One of the middle aged men said and Shreyas nodded in agreement.

"Yes Mr. Khanna I agree that Abhi is the best decision maker amongst all of us present here but unfortunately he is not here and won't be here for a while to take care of the business hence Miss Trisha is here to help us." Shreyas said.

"But why? Why is he not here? We want an explanation for this unprofessional behavior, at least he could have informed us before leaving suddenly." Another board member who was a woman said.

"Ahem Ahem, Hello everyone I know you all are agitated at Mr. Khurana for not appearing for today's meeting but just to let you know that there was an emergency situation. Mr. Khurana met with an accident and currently is under treatment hence I am here to represent him till he recovers completely and gets a clean chit from the doctors to attend to business. I know you all treat Mr. Khurana as family so I expect you will respect his decision and wait for him to return patiently while he recovers from the accident." I said not giving Shreyas a chance to respond. I saw the board members shocked and sad expressions as they nodded their heads.

"Oh my, which hospital is he in? I want to meet him." An elderly member of the board said, he was about the age of my grandfather.

"Sir, he is not in condition to meet anyone right now. The doctors has asked to minimize the visitor to his mother, Mr. Kapoor here and couple of his family members only. As soon as he is in a better condition to have visitors we will let you know and you can meet him or talk to him over phone." I responded and the elderly nodded with a sad expression.

I was amazed to see how much these people loved Jeet that they all were so sad hearing about him being in hospital.

"So ladies and gentlemen, let's start the meeting for today. As our recent dance show was a huge success we were suggested to add more shows on same format by some of you which seemed like a good idea since most of channels and companies are already planning to steal our show's format. But we need original ideas for shows so we have come up with some ideas which we will present to you now and at the end you all can give your votes." I said and with that I started the presented Shreyas and I created.

The meeting went for couple hours but to my luck by the end of the meeting most of the board members were smiling except for that elderly member who wanted to meet Jeet in hospital.

After the meeting was over all the board members left the conference room except for the elderly member. Shreyas came behind me.

"Trisha go and take his blessings, he is Abhi's grandfather." Shreyas whispered to me and I looked at him stunned. I didn't know Jeet's grandfather was still alive, I just assumed since mine are not may be his grandparents are not alive too since Jeet never talked about them and they were not invited to our wedding or even informed I guess since we didn't receive a phone call too.

I moved towards the elderly when he was trying to get up, his face was still showing the sadness. He was lost in his thought and hence tripped while getting up but I caught him by shoulders just in time.

He looked at me and nodded at me. I removed my hands from his shoulders once I made sure he was standing properly on his feet.

"Grandpa please give me blessings." I said and touched his feet. He was surprised at my actions but still gave me his blessings by putting his hand on my head.

He smiled at me with mixed feelings.

"Grandpa I know you are worried for Jeet but don't worry he will be back on his feet soon." I said and he looked at me surprised.

"What did you just call Abhi?" he asked.

"Jeet, that's what I call him." I said and he looked at me surprised. A little smile appeared on his face.

"Are you, are you the daughter of Ajay and Ranjana?" he asked and I nodded. I was surprised that he knew my parents since I never met him even when we lived in Amritsar twelve years ago.

He looked at me with tears in his eyes now. I was still looking at him surprised.

"Don't look so surprised. Only one person in the whole world called him Jeet, he never let anyone else call him Jeet. He told me about you when he was twelve years old and visited us in our hometown. He always told me stories about you and when you left Amritsar he always talked about how he missed his best friend. He used to say he will marry you some-day so you can never leave him again." He said and I was smiling with tears in my eyes.