Chapter-27

"Grandpa since Abhi is a man of his words, he did what he said." Shreyas said from my behind and Grandpa looked surprised. He looked at me for confirmation and I nodded. I touched his feet again as his daughter in law and he gave me his blessings but it was evident that he was not happy that Jeet didn't tell him.

"How dare he not tell me about this? And how on earth Shriya kept it a secret?" he asked looking at Shreyas.

"Grandpa they wanted to share the news with you and everyone in the family but Trisha's mom suffered a heart attack few months back right two months before she was about to join the show as choreographer. It was both Ajay Uncle and Shekhar uncle's wish to get them married and since Ranjana Auntie had a heart attack back then, she was afraid about her not being able to see Trisha getting married so Shriya and Ranjana Auntie decided and got them married in court right a week before the show when Ranjana Auntie recovered completely.

Abhi and Shriya Auntie wanted to tell you but it wasn't the right time since the show was starting in a week and they didn't want to create hype with the news of their marriage. They wanted Trisha to be known for her talent and not the relationship she has with Abhi." Shreyas said and grandpa nodded patting my head slowly.

"Beta welcome to the family and let that brat recover first then we will arrange a grand wedding and welcome for you." He said smiling making me release a sad chuckle.

"Grandpa I am sorry that you were not informed about it earlier but I want you to meet him since he is close to you I think he will listen to you." I said and Shreyas nodded in agreement.

After finishing the business for couple hours we left office with grandpa for hospital. On our way to hospital I narrated everything that happened which caused Jeet being stabbed and slip into coma. Grandpa was shocked to the piece of information he just received, he had tears in his eyes.

When we reached Jeet's room both moms got up from the couch hurriedly seeing Grandpa there and touched his feet quickly. Grandpa didn't say anything but just nodded, he was angry at Shriya mom for not informing him.

Grandpa went near Jeet's bed and touched his head with love.

"Abhi you brat, how dare you not telling me about your wedding and hide my daughter in law from me? You get up this instant, I command you and then I will beat the hell out of you for being so despicable." He said showing his anger and controlling his tears in a cracked voice.

Moms looked at me and I nodded at them in assurance. Grandpa talked to Jeet for a while but obviously Jeet didn't respond. After that Grandpa talked to moms and scolded Shriya mom for keeping our marriage a secret and not letting him know that Jeet was in hospital.

"Grandpa please don't scold Mom, she was too worried these past days to think clearly. We all were actually, if it wasn't for Jeet, I would never go to the company." I said and he nodded understanding the situation. After an hour he left hospital saying he will visit tomorrow again.

The rest of the day I sat near Jeet giving him updates about what happened today in the board meeting. Since doctors told us he can hear us we were talking to us as if he will respond but to our bad luck he didn't respond to anything.

Tomorrow it was almost a month that Jeet has been in coma. It was his birthday tomorrow and I was tired of seeing him in this state, I was dying to be held in his arms to be kissed and loved by him. When Laksh stabbed him I realized that I need Jeet in my life he was too important to let go but in past one month I realized that even though we didn't get much time to spend with each other in the almost 6 months we were married he was still able to make me fall for him, I fell for him and fell really hard.

I decided to make his birthday special since he can hear me, I decided to confess my feelings to him on his special day. I decorated the hospital room with flowers and balloons after moms, Shreyas and everyone left the hospital. Finally I was able to convince Shreyas to go home since we didn't know how long we were going to be in hospital.

It was midnight and I took out the small cake that I brought, I put a candle on it but didn't lit it. I kept it on the side table at his bedside. I took Jeet's hand in my hands and pressed it little between my hands.

"Happy birthday Jeet, So you are now even older then you already are and soon you will have grey hair on your head, then I can sing the famous song 'Main kya karu raam mujhe Buddha mil gaya'." I said and giggled at my imagination.

"Jeet on your special day today and it's not fair that I am celebrating your special day alone. I know you can hear us but still deciding not to wake up, how long will you tease us like this? Please wake up no, there are so many things to be done, the company needs you, Shriya mom and Grandpa need you and most importantly I need you. I need to be in our house with you, I want to sleep in your arms, I want to travel with you, I want to celebrate festivals with you. I want to live as your wife with you by my side and not on the hospital bed. You have no idea how much it hurt me to see you like this. Its enough now you wake up so I can tell you how bad you made me fall for you. Jeet please wake up, I love you and I don't know if I can take it any longer to see you sleeping like this. I need you Jeet, I really need you." I said breaking down in tears. I cried for god knows how long and then drifted to sleep sitting in the chair close to his bed holding his hand with my head on the side of his bed.