Chapter-39

We both were dressed up in beautiful red embroidered lehengas with dupattas draped on our heads and heavy gold and diamond jewelry on our bodies when our moms came in to take us to the Mandap.

"Wow my beautiful daughters, I hope you both stay happy always." My mom said as she wiped a tear at the corner of her eye.

"Wow Leena, you look beautiful beta. I am going to miss you. And Trisha, You look beautiful too, beta. I am going to miss you girl's sleepovers and those late night fritters." Leena's mom said kissing both our foreheads.

"Mom I am not going to a third world country, please stop all this melodrama. I am just 5 hours away from you and I swear to god if you don't come to meet me every fortnight I will tell everyone how big of a drama queen you are." Leena said earning a glare from her mom and a gentle smack on the back of her head from me.

"Owww. What? It's true, she is very happy that I am leaving and finally she can be alone with Dad romancing whenever and wherever she wants." Leena said pointing towards Auntie, making Auntie hide her face out of embarrassment. My mom twisted Leena's ear making her wince in pain.

"Ow Ow ow Auntie, I am sorry. I won't say anything. Okay sorry sorry." Leena said and mom left her ear. We all laughed together.

"We are going to miss you both." Leena's Mom said trying hard not to cry.

"We will miss you too Auntie. Don't worry we both will keep visiting you and soon we will convince Uncle to shift to Amritsar just like we convinced Mom." I said and her mom nodded with a smile.

"That's why I am a little worry less since Didi will be there with both of you." She said and Leena hugged her. I could see some tears in Leena's eyes threatening to roll down when she closed her eyes as if she was trying to stop the tears.

"I will miss you Mom and I will miss Dad too. Who will shout at me now for sleeping till late? Heck, I don't even know if I will be able to sleep till late or not." Leena said making all of us laugh again.

"Of course you can sleep for as long as my son lets you." We heard a familiar voice and turned our heads to see Shreya's mom, Mrs. Kapoor entering the room smiling.

"Hahaha that's true Auntie, the way Shreyas is smitten by my best friend it doesn't seem like she is going to get any sleep for the next two or three days." I said laughing and teasing Leena who was now turning red by the minute.

Leena went forward to touch Mrs. Kapoor's feet but she stopped her midway.

"You are our daughter not the daughter in law. You don't need to be formal and touch our feet. In our family daughters don't touch feet." Mrs. Kapoor said and hugged Leena.

I could see Leena's mom smiling with tears. I was smiling too hugging my mom.

"Wow, they are so cute." I said. My mom stroke my face.

"You and Shriya Ji are cute too. She loves you a lot." Mrs. Kapoor said and I couldn't disagree, Shriya Mom indeed treated me too well for anyone's imagination.

"Did I hear my name?" Shriya's Mom said from behind Mrs. Kapoor as she moved closer to where we all were standing.

"Hello Mom" I said and she pulled me into a hug.

"You both look very pretty, I can tell for sure tonight Jeet and Shreyas won't be able to take their eyes off." Shriya Mom said and put little dots with kohl behind my and Leena's ear to protect us from the evil eye.

I and Leena smiled blushing.

"Oh god, look at these two. Blushing and all. Wow, it reminded me of my wedding I couldn't stop blushing and looking down that I didn't even see who I am holding on to and held my Father in Law's hand instead of Shreya's dad. They still tease me about it." Mrs. Kapoor said and we all laughed.

"Trisha baby, I understand why Leena is blushing but why are you blushing dear? It's not that it's your first wedding and it's not that you haven't done anything with Abhi." Shriya Mom said making my eyes go all wide.

"Mom!" I squealed and they all laughed while I hid my face in the crook of my mom's neck.

"What? Am I wrong? Please don't tell me, I will die of heart attack if I am wrong. For god sake, you both are married now for 6 months." Shriya Mom said and everyone except me laughed.

"Oh God, Please. For God's sake please stop all of you. Mom, why don't you say something?" I whined looking at my mom whose face teared up in a smile.

"What to say Beta? It's not that they are saying something wrong. It's all natural and you are already married for six months it will be really abnormal if it's not happened in your married life yet. I am with them on this." My mom said and my jaw dropped to the floor.

I looked at all the ladies in the room with disbelief. Are they for real? Are they really talking about my sex life? Wow, I don't think I can be that frank with them.

I turned and sat in front of the dressing table pretending to touch up my makeup while all the ladies including Leena laughed at my shyness.

After a few minutes, one of Leena's cousin came to call us to the mandap as the grooms were already there.