single mom

A car pulling up outside made Y/N sigh. Her brother derek had been vary busy with work the past month so he promised when his current case was wrapped up he would come visit.

Y/N had just finished cleaning up the house when there was a knock on the door. "Matt! Go get your sister!" Y/N yelled to her 13 year old son.

She walked over to the door and smiled tiredly at Derek. She noticed a tall skinny male behind him but assumed it was one of him team mates or something.

"Hey sis" Derek said as he hugged Y/N. "Hey, who's this" she asked politely. "Oh this is Spencer, he works with me and I decited to drag him along" Derek smiled happily.

"Its nice to meet you, Derek talks about you alot" Spencer smiled. "All good things hopefully" she said and Spencer was about to say something but screaming cut him off.

"Uncle Derek!" Y/N's 5 year old daughter yelled as she clung to Derek's leg. "Hey Kate" Derek smiled.

Everyone went inside and Kate was glued to derek the whole time. "Wheres your brother?" Derek asked Kate and glanced at me.

"His room" she repiled and leaned her head aginst derek's chest. I signed "he's not vary social anymore" Y/N laughed.

"Its okay, lets go get him" Derek said as he looked down at Kate. "Yay!" She yelled and the two disappeared.

"So two kids. Hows that?" Spencer asked. "Well its interesting to say the least" she laughed. "Must be hard considering the age gap" Spencer said. "Yeah and Matt is going through that phase were he hates everyone" she sighed.

"He'll get over it trust me" Spencer said and patted Y/N's knee. She looked up at him and smiled. "So is there dad around anymore?" Spencer asked.

"No, when I was pregnant with kate he left apparently two kids was two much to handle" she said slightly embarrassed. Spencer noded "thats ashame, hes missing out on some adorable kids and a beautiful woman" Spencer said causing you to blush.

"Well thank you" she blushed. "Mommy! Uncle derek said he'll take us to the park!" Kate yelled as she climbed into your lap. "That sounds fun! Is Matt going" she asked. "Yeah" matt mumbled as derek practically dragged him into the room.

"I was thinking you could have some time alone and Spencer and I could take the kids out" Derek said.

You blushed "are you sure. They are a handful" she asked. "We deal with worse at work im sure it will be fine" derek laughed. "Alright, thank you both"

"Its no problem, well be back later" Spencer said as they left.

~

You had a nice relaxing bath, finshed your favorite book, and took a small nap by the time derek and Spencer came back with the kids.

You stood in the kitchen Makeing dinner when the door opened revealing derek who had his arm around Matt and Spencer held Kate who was sleeping.

"Hey, how was the park?" You asked as you wiped your hands and put your hands on your hips.

"It was okay. We got icecream" Matt said as he retreated upstairs to his room. "And Kate fell asleep on the way home" derek chuckled as he took her form Spencer.

"Well she didn't sleep well last night so she has probably tired out quickly" you smiled. "I'll go put her to bed and check on Matt" Derek said and left the room.

"Hey do you need any help with that" Spencer asked as he walked over to you. "Oh no its almost done anyways" you smiled.

He noded and you leaned against the counter. "So.. would you mabye wanna get some coffee together soon?" He asked nervously. You smirked "like a date?" You asked. "Well- I mean if you want it to be a date- I don't want to force anything" he said quickly.

You laughed and kissed his cheek. "Of course I'll go on a date with you Spencer"