• four •

"Killed it!" Phoenix greeted Evans with a high-five as he walked off the set.

"I was trying to impress you." He joked although a part of him was serious. Rather than continuing to his trailer, Chris stopped in front of her as her phone vibrated.

She looked down to find a text from none other than Thor himself. It wasn't too long ago that she ended up exchanging numbers with Hemsworth. Because she always had her phone on her, a text would reach her faster than going through Michael or any other member of the crew who would then call her on the walkie talkie.

Hemmy 🏄🏼‍♂️🌊
Hey Darth Phoenix. Have you got any beef jerky in that Star Wars bag of yours? 😊

Cominggg 🏃🏽‍♀️

Phoenix was surprised Evans was still standing there by the time she looked up from her iPhone XR. She was met with a kind eyes and a friendly smile.

"I've gotta run some jerky to Hemmy's trailer." Phoenix informed. "Him and his beef jerky man."

"Well, I've got a bit of a break before my next scenes. Do you mind if I walk with you?" He asked casually. "I was planning on strolling around a bit anyways before heading to my trailer."

"Yeah, sure. I could use the company."

"Cool."

"Speaking of cool, did you bring my cool ranch Doritos, Christopher?"

"Maybe."

"Did you or did you not?" She questioned. The seriousness in her voice sent a shiver down Chris's spine before she broke out into laughter.

"You scare me, Genevieve." Chris responded with a chuckle. "Thankfully, I did. Who knows what you would've done to me if I had forgotten."

"Tom forgot my hot fries once so I put him in a choke hold and 'cut his head off' with my lightsaber." Phoenix shrugged. "Darth Phoenix style."

"Oh wow." Chris laughed. "What a lovely friendship."

"Isn't it?"

"It is, actually." He nodded. "You two hit it off right off the bat! It's pretty rare to have that kind of connection with someone when you first meet them."

Phoenix smiled at the thought of the first time her and Tom had officially met. They really did have such an instantaneous connection and had been pretty much inseparable since that night almost 3 weeks ago. Their friendship was fun and lighthearted and easy which made her adore Tom more than almost anyone else she had ever met. He was one of the most genuine and drama-free people she knew.

"Tom is a gem." Phoenix complimented. "Now that I know him, I can't imagine a Tom-free life. He's such a fucking loser but I would protect him at all costs."

"What would you say about me though?" Chris wondered.

"I'd say you're a stupid, bearded, sweater wearing dork." She responded with a grin. "But also a smol, innocent, and VERY kind cinnamon roll that must be protected from the harshness of the world."

"I'll take that." He chuckled. "I think we're secretly best friends now."

"Hmm... that depends on a couple of things." Phoenix stroked her chin dramatically. "How do you feel about Star Wars?"

"It's not my favorite movie series ever existed."

"Harry Potter?"

"Haven't seen it in YEARS." He confessed.

"Star Trek?"

"Nope."

"Game of Thrones?" She questioned.