• twenty one •

Chris walked directly behind Phoenix, covering her eyes with his hands as he lead her to his bedroom. He couldn't wait to show her the surprise he had been working on for the past few days.

"Close your eyes." Chris spoke, making sure her eyes were in fact closed before fully uncovering them with his hands. Relocating so that he was standing directly in front of her, he kissed her gently before moving out of the way. "You can look now."

Phoenix opened her eyes to find a huge stuffed orca on Chris's bed along with a smaller plush shark, sea turtle, octopus, and clownfish. She approached the bed to find 5 pieces of paper spread out in front of the stuffed sea creatures. Picking up the one directly in the middle, she read it in her head:

Oceana Certificate of Adoption.
A sea turtle has been symbolically adopted on behalf of Genevieve Benali as a gift from Christopher Evans.

"I know how much you care about the ocean so I adopted a bunch of sea animals for you and donated to-"

Phoenix cut him off by jumping into his arms, in to which he caught her easily as she wrapped her legs around his waist. She cuffed his face in her hands and smashed her lips into his with a sense of urgency.

She was so amazed by Chris that she couldn't even formulate a sentence. There were no words to describe how appreciative she was of the gesture, that had to be the best gift she had ever received.

"Thank you." Phoenix smiled against his lips before kissing him again. "I couldn't have asked for a better surprise."

"I was hoping you would say that."

"You are so precious. I don't deserve you."

"It is I who doesn't deserve you." He replied before gently placing Phoenix on the bed, next to her new giant orca. He then gathered all of the adoption certificates and put them on the bedside table. "What do you wanna name him?"

"Jon Snow." She answered without a doubt. "Jon Snow: the Orca."

"Jon Snow: the Orca." Chris repeated as Phoenix rolled the giant animal off the bed to make room for him. As soon as he laid down, she planted a kiss on his pink lips.

"Does this mean we're parents now?"

"I suppose it does." He replied, laughing. "Dodger will be thrilled to have siblings."

"I'm a mother!" Phoenix joked. "I never thought this moment would come. My life is changed forever."

"I couldn't think of a better woman to be the mother of sea creatures." Chris announced. "Phoenix of House Benali: Mother of Sea Creatures."

Phoenix couldn't help but to smile at the game of thrones reference. Last time she checked, Chris had never even seen the show. "Did you watch game of thrones?"

"Maybe..."

"For me?" She gushed, stroking the side of his face as he stared at the ceiling.

"You stan game of thrones and I stan you."

"AND YOU LEARNED WHAT A STAN IS?! Oh my gosh, get naked."

Chris clutched his side and he let out a belly laugh. "God, I like you."

"What a coincidence because I happen to like you too." Phoenix replied while removing her phone from her back pocket. She didn't realize she was laying on it until it started to make her butt numb.

"Twitter?"

"You know me so well." She spoke while opening her twitter app. She couldn't wait to share the news about her adopted sea animals with her followers.