• twenty nine •

"Man, it's been a long 6 months guys." Joe Russo spoke to both the cast and crew. "We've asked each and every one of you to do things that may have sounded strange in the moment but will come together seamlessly after our visual effects team comes in. It has been such a pleasure working with all of you and we can't thank you enough for your patience and hard work throughout this journey."

"Yeah, we really do appreciate everything you've all put into this project. All of your hard work doesn't go unnoticed." Anthony added. "We'll see you in four weeks!"

As both the cast and crew began to applaud themselves for all the work they'd done within the last 6 and a half months, Phoenix could feel Chris, Sebastian, and Scarlett looking at her from across the room.

"Why are they staring at you?" Tom nodded his head toward the trio as they talked quietly amongst themselves.

"Your guess is as good as mine." Phoenix mumbled.

"I'm on it." Hemmy chimed in before standing directly in front of Phoenix which cut off Chris, Seb, and Scarlett's view of her.

It wasn't until everyone began to disperse that Hemmy moved beside her, revealing that Chris was walking right toward them.

"Do you wanna walk with me?" He asked her immediately after their eyes met.

"Sure." Phoenix responded. She gave both Hemmy and Tom a fist bump before heading away from the heap of people, that was the entire cast and crew of Infinity War with Chris. As soon as they got far enough, she asked the question she already knew the answer to. "Were you talking about me?"

"When?"

"Umm I don't know... when you were STARING at me and talking to Scarlett and Sebastian 15 seconds ago."

"Ohh. Yeah, I was."

"Are you going to tell me what you were talking about?"

"It really wasn't anything." Chris lied.

"Alrighty." Phoenix shrugged. She had a feeling he wasn't being truthful but opted not to call him out on it.

"You're coming to dinner with us, right?"

"Us?"

"The cast." Chris clarified. "We're all going to dinner. Right now actually."

Phoenix furrowed her eyebrows, a little annoyed that Chris was just now telling her about it. "Yeah, um no I'm not going. The crew is also having a farewell dinner, if you will, tonight and I told them I'd be there."

"Well maybe if you finish early, you can come hangout."

"Same for you."

"We like to stay out late." Chris smiled at the thought of finally having a chance to get blackout drunk with his costars. It had been a minute since the last time they all went out thanks to Infinity War shooting. He really wanted Phoenix with him so she could see how everyone was outside of work and he knew her spunky personality would only add to the celebration.

"Well, have fun with that." Phoenix replied while patting him on the back.

"I would have more fun if you were there."

"Oh, you'll be fine Chris. I haven't actually hung out with anyone from the crew pretty much since Tom and I became friends. Then I was splitting my time between you, Tom, and finishing my short film. Now I finally have the chance to catch up with them outside of work and I want to be there for them."

"Phoenix, relax. I get it." Chris responded with a quiet laugh. "All I was saying is that if you get early, you're welcome to join us and hangout. You don't have to be so defensive babe."