Ash x Steven vs Megabondshipping

Alain held an unconscious Ash in his arms. He did care about him, admittedly more than others and in a different way, but he failed to save him several times. Lysandre escaped from the building, leaving Alain and Ash alone.

Steven appeared on top of his Metagross. He landed swiftly on the building and ran up to the two. He knelt down, watching the limp boy struggle to breathe.

"Who's this little cutie? Let's see...pretty small lips...cute button nose...big eyes...soft, pale skin...wow, Alain, you really found me a rare one this ti-"

"Zip it, Steven. I didn't 'find' him for you. This is Ash, the one I've been telling you about, remember?"

"Oh. You mean, the one you liiiiii-"

Alain got closer and his face expression became threatening.

"Say another word and that blue hair of yours is as good as gone. Understand?"

Steven backed away and playfully shook his hands.

"I dunno how you think you can tell me what to do...you're 18, I'm 21, and the kid is...um..."

"14"

"What?"

"Ash is 14, Steven? Does that answer your question? Come on, we need to go"

Alain lifted Ash up with ease and climbed onto his Charizard with the boy in his arms. Steven ran up to him, urging him not to go yet.

"W-Wait! How about I take him? I'm older, remember? That means I'm smarter, more intelligent, and way more responsible"

"'Smart' and 'intelligent' mean the same thing, genius"

"Ha! See? You just called me a genius! Clearly only a genius like me deserves to take this stunning-looking...adorable...cute little-"

"Can it, Steven. Now isn't the time to flirt. Ash is injured, and I need to get him to safety. You can help, but I'm not leaving you with him. It's your choice"

Steven sighed reluctantly and climbed onto the Charizard.

"Ugh, fineeee"

They flew across the red sky for about a minute, Alain holding Ash close while Steven stared at him. A bomb hit Charizard, causing an explosion mid-air and breaking his balance. All four of them fell the sky-high drop. Charizard caught Alain safely, but Ash and Steven continued to fall.

Steven woke up to the sound of coughing. It was a quiet, soft cough. He looked to his right and saw Ash sitting up, hand in front of his mouth as he regained oxygen. He opened his eyes, allowing Steven to look at them.

"They're so pretty...blackish, brown eyes with a perfect tint of red...kinda like a warm chestnut in an oak tree in a golden summer, or a creamy, caramel flavored chocolate, or the leaves on the muddy floor of the tall forests in autumn..."

"Um...are you okay?"

Steven turned to find the boy staring at him, slightly concerned and slightly creeped out. Steven shuffled out of his position, where his face was towering above Ash's, and dusted himself off.

"I should be the one asking you that. You just absorbed lots of Mega Evolution energy and collapsed!"

"Oh, I'm fine..."

Steven leaned on his shoulder and eyed him like a police officer.

"Are you sureeee?"

"Um, yes..."

He stepped back again and crossed his arms.

"Hm, well, your story checks out. I'm gonna need you to follow me"