Palletshipping

Haven't done this one on it's own in a while! Enjoy!

***Topics you may find disturbing***

Gary slouched on Ash's bed while Ash sat cross-legged on the floor, leaning on his best friend. It was noon, but as the cold winter wind blew through the leafless trees, the sun got closer and closer to the horizon. The younger boy immediately caught the sight of golden rays gleaming through the curtains.

"Sunset! Gary, come on!", he excitedly urged the other, jumping and trying to pull him off the bed.

"Alright, alright, let's go. It's so cute how you get excited", Gary laughed, picking himself up for the sake of his crush.

A young woman with auburn hair and eyes watched as her son dashed out the front door, followed by a man wearing purple.

"In all the ten years you two have known each other, I can't remember a single day when he missed sunset with you", Delia remarked as the green-eyed man reached the doorstep.

"'Cause there's no way I'm letting that happen", Gary retaliated.

"Listen, I have a surprise for you two when you get back inside. I've been planning this for a few days now"

"Sounds exciting. We'll be back when it's dark"

The two boys sat themselves on the roof. Gary lovingly wrapped his arms around the other, letting his head lean on his shoulder. He admired so much how Ash's eyes glowed so beautifully at the sight of sunset. He wished it would last longer than a few minutes, but these moments were rare for the purpose of treasuring. 

There was silence as the last speck of amber faded away into the night. Ash slowly inhaled and exhaled, humming with delight as he did so. He threw his arms around the man, covering as much of his body as possible. Gary chuckled at his sweet attempt to hug him properly, warming him up as a response.

"We should go in. Your mom said she had some kind of surprise for us"

"Hmm. I know, but the night just started. Can't we stay like this for a little longer?"

Ash moved in closer and stretched his arms around Gary more, in an attempt to keep him on the roof. He smiled and ruffled his hair.

"Okay. Just a little longer. I know why the night is your second favorite time"

Delia heard the door creak open. She hastily got to her position, using her posture to cover up the tall present she had for her son.

"Alright, so, don't freak out...", she started as her son entered the building, "But I have a little something for you"

"What is it mo-"

He froze as his mother stepped aside, revealing the present.

A tall man stood in front of him, hands behind his back. He wore a black t-shirt under a red and white jacket, and light blue jeans. His hair was almost as dark as Ash's. His eyes were the color of blood. You couldn't tell the two apart if there wasn't an age difference.

"I-I'm sorry, but, who are you?"

"I'm your father"

Gary realized quicker than Ash's own mother how his heart stopped there and then. The more his smile faded, the more tears appeared. No. It couldn't be.

"I think you're mistaken", Ash tried to laugh it off, "My dad couldn't possibly be here right now, so-"

"May 22nd, 2005"

Ash froze again. His eyes acted like there was a bright light in front of him. But this was the opposite.

"That's the day you were born. The day I left", the man admitted coldly.