UnknownShipping

This is an AU where Ash's starter is Froakie instead of Pikachu. Enjoy!

N sprinted down the streets of Kalos, trying to find a place to get to safety. Since Ash had told him he was in Kalos, he wanted to visit him and hopefully confess his feelings, but he had no idea what was going on now that these red vines were all over the place. He came to a halt when a screen in front of him lit up, showing some orange logo.

"People of Kalos...", a man with amber hair began to speak on the screen, talking about insane ideals even N didn't understand.

This man was going to end the world? No way. Ash would definitely stop him, just like he did with Team Plasma.

----------------------------------------

Lysandre walked up to his two minions, placing a hand on the human's shoulder.

"You will be of good use to me...", he whispered as he stared into the boy's dull eyes.

----------------------------------------

N managed to find shelter under a pile of rubble that formed some sort of cave. It wasn't the safest, but it was safer than being out in the open. What was taking Ash so long to stop this Lysandre guy?

Just then, he heard Lysandre's voice in the distance. It sounded like he was yelling commands.

"...Destroy Zygarde!"

"...Yes, Lysandre"

That last voice. He was sure he'd heard it before. It'd been a long time since he'd heard it, but it sounded like a voice he thought about every day. From a person he thought about every day.

"...Make sure Greninja can't possible disobey you. Or me"

"...Yes, Lysandre"

Greninja? He was sure he knew someone who had a Pokemon that would become a Greninja.

Suddenly, Zygarde's large body was thrown right in front of N, demolishing his shelter. Along with the green Pokemon was a 14 year old boy, who stood right back up after. N gasped as he saw not only who it was, but the look in his eyes. The lack of life in him.

"Ash?!"

Lysandre ignored the man, and continued to take control of Ash.

"We need to make it weaker!"

"...Yes, Lysandre"

He watched the one he loved battle so emotionlessly, it hurt him so much remembering how enthusiastic he was back when Greninja was just a Froakie, who was controlled by Team Plasma, he still kept fighting despite the pain. But N was sure he didn't just give in. This man had to have done something to him.

Zygarde fell on its side, shaking the ground as its body was drained of energy. Lysandre chuckled maniacally and began to walk away, Ash following him.

"Ash, what happened to you?"

This time, Lysandre didn't ignore him. However, he didn't even look at him. 

"Ash, get rid of that nuisance of a man over there"

"...Yes, Lysandre"

Ash began to order Greninja to use a move, when N interrupted them.

"Ash, wait! You've been through something like this before!"

Ash didn't cancel the move, but he didn't signal for it to go on, either.

"Remember? When Team Plasma controlled Greninja when it was just a Froakie, and it hurt you, but you kept fighting until it came back! And that's exactly what I'm going to do for you now"

Greninja seemed to slowly lower his arm, his red eyes turning back to their normal pink color. N smiled. Now for the hard part.

"Ash! Listen to me! I know you're in pain right now, but trust me! Take my hand and it'll be okay!"

Ash was now ignoring N, starting to walk away with Lysandre.

"Ash, please, don't go! Come on, I need you, not like this!"

N was on the verge of tears as he watched the one he loved get further and further away from him.

"Ash, please, you don't know how much I love you!"

Ash stopped. Froze. His expression remained empty, but he was unable to move. Lysandre seemed to get more and more tense, as N managed to get closer to Ash. Slowly, his dull eyes regained color, and he started shaking, tears streaming down his cheeks. By this time, N was pulling Ash into a hug, much to Lysandre's dismay.

"WHAT?! I HAD YOU! UNDER CONTROL!"

Both boys ignored Lysandre, too lost in each other's embrace.

"N..."

"It's true, Ash. I really do love you. I have since we met, I've wanted to tell you for years. I was going to, when I came here. But seeing you walk away like that, made me realize how important you are to me"

"Really...? You really love me that much?"

"Yes. And I know you love me too"

"Y-Yeah...I do..."

Their wonderful moment was shattered by Lysandre's yelling.

"No! This can't happen! Agh, my plan!"

N and Ash stood up, their hands intertwined.

"What plan? You're not going anywhere"

----------------------------------------

"That crazy guy's finally gone", Ash murmured as they watched the explosion.

N smiled and took his hand, pulling him to run with him.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see"