Palletshipping

This was a request from Syllinsa. 

Ash and Gary sat on the beach, watching the waves follow each other. Gary shifted his gaze to Ash's eyes, which were glowing beautifully in the sunset, creating a spectrum of honey, chocolate and maroon. He then stared at his smile, which resembled an equal feeling of love and happiness. 

"So...kissed by a legendary, huh?"

Ash's face flushed and he blushed so hard you could tell it wasn't from the sun.

"O-Oh...you mean...that one time..."

"Yeah! It was so cool! I think Tapu Lele really loves Ash!", Kukui exclaimed, appearing behind them.

"Y'know, I think the other Legendary Pokemon in Alola like you too! Tapu Koko and Tapu Bulu keep trying to get close to you!"

Lillie and Mallow appeared from behind, with Lana next to them, all grinning deviously. Kiawe jumped in front of them.

"I'm pretty sure Tapu Fini's got somethin' for you too"

"And Nebby. Nebby loves you! He feels so safe around you!"

"Oh, I know, Nebby adores him! I never knew Tapu Lele kissed him though! When did that happen?"

"Professor Kukui saw it"

"I did, it was so cute"

"It seems like all the Legendary Pokemon of Alola really take interest in Ash!"

Ash sat there awkwardly covering his face with his hands while Gary was silent, not knowing what they were talking about as he wasn't native to Alola. He wasn't quite sure how to feel about this conversation.

"Um, you guys, we're...tryna have a moment here..."

Lillie, Lana, Mallow, Kiawe and Professor Kukui all stopped and glared at Gary with blank faces, before making their escape out of the beach.

"Hahaha...they're really funny sometimes..."

"So...the stuff they were saying was true?"

"Yeah, I guess. I don't like to say these things about myself, usually. But, I think it's safe to say Tapu Koko isn't the first to take interest in me. The other Pokemon really like me too. I don't know why..."

Gary leaned closer.

"Well, did you know that I feel the same way?"

"W-What?"

"Did you know that...I like you too?"

Gary leaned in for a kiss, but was delivered a slap instead. He drew back and rubbed his cheek, staring at Ash in dismay.

"What was that for?!"

"LIKE me? You LIKE me? That's funny, you know. Considering you made fun of me for years and years just because I don't come from some great family, or that my granddad doesn't work in a lab, even though you KNOW for a fact that all of my grandparents are either dead or missing. 

"I put up with you calling me stupid, poor, and lame. I dealt with you calling me and idiot and saying I could never be a Pokemon Master. You also said some pretty sensitive stuff about how my mom's mother died from a disease while Mom was pregnant with me, and how her father and my dad are both on Pokemon Journeys and still aren't successful. Then you'd cover it up with the fact that both of your parents are dead. 

"At least you got to see them and say goodbye to them, you know?! I've never met my dad, or my grandparents, and all the information I have on them is from my mom, who lied at first because she didn't want me to hate my dad. But I do hate my dad. And now I hate you even more. You might actually like me, but you have a funny way of showing it"