Diodeshipping

this ship is great i should do more of it

enjoy :)

Every second alive was torture. The pain in his chest was eating him alive, filling his lungs with rose petals. His heart, though strangled by thorns, kept beating in painful shudders.

"Tonight..."

His body gave in to the pain, gradually reducing him to his knees. The memory repeated itself in his mind.

"...I'm going to tell Serena that I love her"

The sharp pain became more intense with each word. He knew how the words were said, but it struck him no less each time.

It had only been a few moments since those words reached him for the first time.

Ash's hand tightened around the doorknob before slipping against the wall. His breath hindered as tears formed in his eyes. His feelings were unrequited.

Slowly, the bandage made its way around his bloody chest almost automatically. His energy had been drained to the point where he couldn't keep his eyes open. Just as he dreaded, a feverish cough made its way from his mouth, forcing out of him a lush rose. Something inside of him was still alive. It was growing.

"I'm going into the field to train!"

He'd been saving the energy for that call for hours.

The grass was healthy and green. Willow trees shadowed their roots from the sun, which shone over tulips dancing in the breeze.

His clothes had been overcome by thorns. The remaining man made material on his body were the rough, loose bandages circling his chest, down to his thigh. Yet his legs somehow dragged themselves through the field until their absolute limit.

"Wait. Ash didn't take his Pokemon with him?"

The sky in his sight darkened. The wind snatched the air away, choking him to the ground with a hand over his heart. His senses shuddered and echoed, struggling to make it past the petals. His dark, sunlit hair thrown across the grass.

"I'll go look for him"

If it hadn't been for the pale, thin layer of flesh which had now been slit by thorns, his cracked, paralysed skeleton would've been all that was left, and there were even windows of it through his skin. Openings to which you could see his organs surrounded by stem.

"Usually he'd be rushing to have dinner..."

The remaining tears escaping his body were not from self-pity, but from the disheartening he knew the sight of him would bring upon his friends. Every breath now had a minute to itself.

"Ash? Where are you?"

It was almost silent. The rustling of leaves and the shuddering of his breath were all that was left. Despite how much he would have liked to, he didn't have enough left in him to bring himself to smile. Only a final wish to see his love one last time.

"A-Ash?! Is that-w-what happened?! Ash!"

It made it no easier for his heart to see the one he loved worry and sob for him.

"Was that Clemont?"

Like a miracle, he was granted air, energy and even a little motion for his remaining time.

"There's blood! Hurry-"

His senses couldn't fight any longer. He had to relay his final message.

"Clemont..."

Time was against him. But he'd win, even if it meant he wouldn't be there for the victory. He felt his hands held by the one he loved, against the other's teary face. Though it wouldn't last long, he smiled.

"...I want you to be happy"

Just like that. As if it had snapped, his neck gave in. His hand fell from the other's cheek, onto his own body. His head and soft, shiny hair, lay still on the grass. His body lost all means of motion. A final, single tear rolled down his cheek as his eyes shut, never to open again.

He rested peacefully as nature consumed him. A tragic, beautiful death. And as he was born in tears, he died just the same.

if you have no idea what just happened this is based on the japanese mythical disease 'hanahaki' which basically means if your love is unrequited you cough flowers until you die. 

also here's some bad art i did based on the story

thanks for reading, love you to bits :)