Megabondshipping vs Diodeshipping (part 2)

Clemont's blurry vision corrected it self a little as he came to, but not enough for him to see clearly. He knew then that wherever he was or whatever in the world just happened, it must've blown his glasses away. Hopefully it didn't break them; he didn't have the money to spend on glasses after buying so many computer parts all the time and having to repair his devices regularly.

The second thing he thought of was where everyone else was. He didn't feel his belt with all his Pokemon, and hadn't been paying too much attention to Bonnie within the last few hours. His only focus had been talking to Ash, and trying to get that creep Alain to leave him alone. He understood himself that Ash was quite the formidable rival, but that was no reason to stare at him all the time. Clemont didn't catch Alain glaring at him often, but when he did, it felt like he was looking down on him somehow. And he didn't want to be belittled, especially not now that Ash was leaving Kalos soon and he needed to find the confidence to confess to him.

He spotted a figure to his left and hoped that it would be a friend, or even just an ally, but once his vision caught onto the light blue and violet clothing, he wasn't so hopeful. Of all the people he could be stuck in a cage with, it was this asshole.

"Ugh, it's you", he blurted out carelessly, realizing his mistake shortly after and turning away with embarrassment. He couldn't care less about Alain's feelings, but how would Ash feel knowing he acted like that towards Alain? Ash had made it clear recently that he considered Alain to be a friend as well as a rival.

"I'm not too happy to see you, either", Alain retaliated, showing no remorse for his words. He was going to say what he thought, and if Ash didn't like that, he'd find a way around it.

"Ah, you're both awake", said a gently sinister voice, "Wonderful"

Xerosic emerged from the shadows, holding with brandish a serrated knife. Though the orange-tinted glasses concealed his eyes, his awfully wide smile was enough to say he was about to do something dreadful.

"Don't be alarmed. I won't be using it on you"

The lights on the other side of the room flickered on, startling the two, but it wasn't enough to startle Ash, who was sitting feebly against the wall. Granted, you can't react when you're unconscious, and possibly wounded by the looks of it. His cap was missing, face and body was pale and slightly blue, and his hair was somehow messier than usual.

"What have you done to him?!", Alain demanded, lunging forward with gritted teeth and grabbing the bars violently.

"Nothing...yet", Xerosic said as he knelt down and put the knife to Ash's throat, "Whether that fact remains depends on you"

Clemont was frozen. Usually he tried to be confident under pressure. He could analyse a situation and come up with a logical conclusion within seconds. But nothing about this situation could be calculated with logic. He had no idea what to say or do, and what output it would have.

The only logical conclusion he could come up with was something he couldn't do. To be like Ash; to use not only his mind, but also his heart, and do it in a way that made absolutely zero sense to everyone else.

And he knew Alain wouldn't be able to do that either. That was why they both admired Ash so much. His twisted sense of logic was still successful when applied to ordinary situations.

Ash should really be an actor. He did a great job pretending to be unconscious.

Suddenly Xerosic found himself being pulled forwards, and felt something sharp pressed against his neck.

"W-w-what? Hey...you're-"

"Seriously, I'm surprised. You must've had experience in this field for, what? Fifty, sixty years? I mean, you look like it"