4. My Father, Alastair

I am so dead. Jeez, Dad! Smile a little bit or else you're going to scare the maid away!

My father, Alastair, is a little intimidating. Well, it's not surprising since he hates me. He clearly showed the hatred he had towards me on his handsome face.

"What business does Cordelia have today that requires her to be anywhere close to me? I am extremely busy right now, so if it is possible, please bring her at a later date," my father said with a gruff voice that strangely didn't suit him well. At this point, the maid was shaking in fear and shock. I guess I better save her or else she'll get killed by my dad's cold glares. 

"Blah-da! Blah-da!" I said in my embarrassing baby voice. I was trying to get his attention off of the maid, but I think I may have turned red instead. 

My father froze for a bit and looked at me. He observed my face for a moment before he said, "What a wretched child. She can't even properly stay silent in an office. Not only that, but her face reminds me of that idiotic woman."

I'm going to assume that the "idiotic woman" is my mom. In the otome game, Cordelia had the same aqua hair like her father. She inherited sapphire eyes, which was proof that she was from the direct line of the Duke. Even her mother didn't have sapphire eyes since she was from the Marquess family. So basically, none of my obvious features should resemble my mother. Maybe my face structure is the same as my mother, but other than that, he should have nothing to complain about! I don't even have my mom's lilac hair and violet eyes! SO SHUT UP, DAD! YOU'RE BEING TOO RUDE TO A BABY!!!!!

"Please excuse her, sir. This servant should have trained her properly," said the lady in a shaken voice.

"It's not your fault, Sophie. It's the baby's fault for existing. Now please calm down," Alastair said in a kind voice. For such kind words, he held such malice toward me. I guess the maid, Sophie, didn't care though. I could hear ba-bump behind me. Dad's charm is no joke. 

I should hate my father. He is the worst dad ever...but I just can't hate him. I know the reason why he has hatred is because of mom. Needless to say, I want to punch him.

I began to push away from the maid. I needed to get away from Sophie anyway. She was squeezing me really hard after my father charmed her. Surprised, Sophie gently placed me on the ground and I began to struggle in order to get into a crawling position. Sophie understood(?) what I was trying to do and slightly rolled me over.

I was now on my hands and knees. But I was so heavy! Babies are supposed to be light...right? Am I just really fat? Maybe I have to go on my first diet at two months old...

My father stared down at me as I struggled to push myself up. Each of my tiny muscles burned as I moved each of my limbs past one another. IT HURTS A LOT! Don't underestimate how weak babies are!! I crawled slowly to my father, who showed a look genuine surprise. By the time I made it to his feet, which was only about ten feet away, about eight minutes had passed and I had fallen to the ground multiple times.

My legs and arms hurt. My chest was on fire. I was about to cry from overexertion, but I forced myself to bite my lip. Everywhere on my body was aching. I did my best to move my heavy head up to my father and stare at him in the face. I felt pretty proud of myself for being able to move as much as I did, so I gave a boastful smile at my father. All that was left was to punch him in the leg.

The man before me was now staring at me with utter shock. I guess he didn't expect me to do this. I'm supposed to be an underdeveloped baby that shouldn't understand anything...and I just learned how to crawl in front of him...at two months old! ~Oopsie! I guess I brought too much attention to myself.