49. Nightmares Aren't Only Dreams

The café door was swung open slowly.

Light footsteps could be heard as the Marquis escorted his wife into the building.

They were laughing.

And smiling.

Ah...

My hand was twitching for some reason...

Was it because...I wanted to kill them now?

"Welcome, dear customers. Please take a seat at this table," the waitress from before said politely to the noble couple.

"Thank you, darling~!" the Marquess replied with a snobbishly high-pitched voice.

I forced myself to look away from them.

Getting involved with the Marquis and Marquess now was not the best choice of action.

I took a sip of my tea and tried to get rid of my bloodlust.

I needed to control myself.

"Are you alright...?" Ace whispered to me.

I simply gave a nod.

My throat was too tight with anger to properly speak.

"Oh...What a coincidence~! Lady Cyllia is here too~" I could hear the splitting squeals of that woman scratch my eardrums.

My entire body tensed up.

"If it isn't...Marquis and Marquess Scott...It's nice to meet you too," I forced a smile as I looked upon the two again.

"Would you care to sit with us, Lady Cyllia?" Marquis Scott asked me with a wide grin.

No.

If I could have chosen, I would have immediately screamed no.

I bit my tongue.

Ace gave me a glance as he noticed my discomfort.

"I'm sorry, but I'm currently dining with Cordelia. It'd be quite rude of you to take her away," Ace spoke up, grabbing the attention of the two of them.

I stayed silent.

"Oh? And who are you?" Marquess Scott asked, clearly unhappy from Ace's interruption.

"I don't believe I need to answer that," Ace replied coldly.

She looked flabbergasted for a moment by his curt reply.

In her anger, the Marquess scanned Ace with her glaring eyes up and down before her gaze landed on his bright green eyes.

You could see her expression change within moments as she came to the conclusion that Ace was royalty.

"Dear, me~ It seems like I have been quite rude~! I'm so sorry for being like that~ I hope you won't take it to heart, darling~" she suddenly squealed with fake joy.

"Ah, yes. My wife meant no harm. She was just upset that she wasn't able to snatch away one of her favorite little girls," Marquis Scott also changed his attitude as he noticed Ace's green eyes.

I felt like puking.

Did he just call me one of their "favorite little girls"...?

As far as I was concerned, they wanted me dead.

It was disgusting to watch them act like this.

Ace, on the other hand, stayed silent as he assessed the couple and formed his own opinion of them.