15. Forgiveness

Please don't let me die again!

Please don't let me die again!!

Please don't let me die again!!!

I swear, if I die again, I'll kill all of the gods that threw me into this situation!!!

I opened my eyes to see my bedroom roof above me.

Hehehehehehehehehehehehe...

I AM ALIVE! WOOHOO!

THERE WAS NO WAY I COULD DIE A THIRD TIME!!! HAH!

Whoever thought I would die again: You. Were. Wrong.

When I confirmed that I was alive, I tried to sit up but I was too weak to properly move.

So instead, I punched the air with a ton of energy, which turned out to be a big mistake. As I moved my left arm, I received a shock of pain.

Owieeee!!!

I yelped and looked at my arm.

There was no visible mark or scar to my injury, probably due to magic, but there was a TON of pain coming from it that nearly made me cry. I wonder why...

As I was examining my arm, I heard a small snore beside me.

Hmm?

I looked to my right to see my new brother, Ash, sleeping on the side of my bed.

Heh.

This is definitely a cliche moment where a male lead stays by the heroine's side the whole time while she is sick.

Except, I'm a villainess so...instead of being worried for me, he may have been debating on whether to kill me.

I sighed and then shook him awake.

He groaned softly before he sat up to rub his drowsy eyes.

Pffft.

He's exactly like an adorable kid right now and, since he is a male lead, the cuteness overload too much for human eyes.

This is dangerous...

Because he was still drowsy and didn't realize I was awake, I poked his cheek.

It's so...soft! It felt like marshmallows!

Hehehe...This is my chance!

While he was still tired and unaware of his surroundings, I began to poke and squish his cheek.

This is too addicting...The feeling was similar to when I poked at the prince's cheek during my debut.

Every time he nearly fell back to sleep, he would snap himself awake and almost fall back asleep again.

...I will burn this memory into my brain.

After a second or two, he suddenly looked up to see my face.

His eyes widened before he suddenly grabbed me into a hug.

OWWW!

My arm felt like dying once he grabbed me and I felt like yelling at him, but then I realized that he was crying.

"Hey! Why are you crying?!" I asked him with a bit of shock.

Did he have a nightmare?

I let go from his hug and looked at his face.

"You...are an idiot..." he said softly in a shaky voice.

Huh?! If anything, I'm technically one of the smartest people in the kingdom!