64. Me

The...hospital...?

Why would they be there...?

I clenched up my fists unconsciously...

"Grey. Why are they ther-"

"I'm sorry, milady, but it will be a bit difficult to explain unless you're there yourself," Grey said a bit darkly.

"Are they okay?" I asked slowly.

"They are alive."

His statement didn't really reassure me much and only made the awful feeling in my chest grow.

"I see," I said a bit weakly.

"Be patient, milady. We will be there soon," Grey said to me as he turned his head to stare out of the carriage windows.

No one said a word after that point.

I could feel each and every bump as the wooden carriage wheels rolled over the uneven streets of the capital.

A part of me was so impatient to the point where I was on the verge of jumping out of the carriage and running there myself.

But I shook my head.

I had no idea where and which hospital it was...so running would have been pointless.

"We have arrived, milady. Before we head out, please wear this cloak. Your hair and eyes give away who you are, and the common people don't know you've been found yet," Grey said when our carriage rolled to a stop.

I nodded and draped the cloak over my shoulders, covering my face and hair from view.

Grey stood up from his seat and left the carriage first, holding his hand out to me from the bottom of the carriage stairs to lead me out.

I took his hand and he guided me to the hospital doors.

I've always hated the hospital.

The last time I visited here was when Ace was confirmed to have amnesia.

And now I was here again to visit the boys.

Grey left me to speak with one of the front desk attendants and I sat down on a nearby seat to calm my nerves.

There was always a chance that the boys were just slightly injured and were admitted into the hospital to heal their wounds.

But...

I glanced up at Grey, who's expression was horribly grim.

The odds of them being alright...didn't seem very high.

"Let's go, milady," Grey said as we both followed a woman who directed us where we needed to go.

We walked down the long corridors and I felt sick.

Our walk came to a stop when we reached a door that was labeled: "Patient #95728 - Wolfeskikblokasretinhas."

"He is in here," the lady said as she opened the door for us.

When I walked into the room, which was lit up only by the light coming through the windows, I saw a single bed.

Laying down on it was someone unconscious with multiple noticeable injuries all over his body.

There were no cuts or scars...but there were millions of bruises over his skin.

Wolfe...

What happened...to him...?

"How did he end up with that many bruises...? He's not that weak, so who..." I murmured.

"We just found him like that. We're not sure at all how he got them, milady. He's just sleeping right now, but he'll wake up by himself later," Grey replied.