63. I Missed You (Part 1)

A/N: Yeah, so I'm sure most of you noticed, but I updated two chapters today!

"Why?" you ask?

Well, I did it just because I could!

When I was writing this part, I realized that it was getting way too long to just be put into one chapter, so I split it into two parts and decided to update both on the same day~

The total word count of the two are 7000-8000 words! Well, some of you guys have been asking for longer or more chapters, so here you go~

Please read the chapter after this one if you have the time~ I hope you enjoy~

--------------------------------------------------

I blinked twice...thrice...four times...

I even rubbed my eyes for a good minute or two...

...and slowly, I reopened them and made sure that I was seeing things properly.

The capital...

...Was it always so empty?

From as far as my eyes could see, there was not a single person in sight.

What happened these past few months?

This whole place looked like a ghost town...

In the past, the capital was so full of people that you could barely walk through the streets without bumping into anyone.

I tugged on my hooded cloak and made sure my face was completely covered.

For some reason, I had a really bad feeling about all of this.

Slowly, I wandered through the streets, taking in the familiar, yet foreign, sights in hopes of finding a person I could talk to.

I knew for a fact that there were people nearby though.

I could sense them...

...they were all in their houses and stores...

...and they were all staring at me.

Through their windows...in the far corners of alleys...people were all looking at me and I could feel it.

Some seemed worried for me...some seemed curious...and others were glaring at me.

I grabbed my sword, which was currently hanging on my back, and moved it in a place where I could easily grab a hold of if I happened to be assaulted.

...Quickly.

...I needed to head to the castle right now...

"...Hey...! You there...young lady...! Come over here...!" I could hear an old lady whisper loudly to me from her home.

She gestured for me to come to her, which I did.

I gave a small nod as a greeting in return.

Finally...someone showed up.

"What is a young lady like you doing outside on the streets at this hour...?? This isn't good...is there someplace you have to go?" she asked me with a look of worry on her face as she looked around the streets cautiously.

"Yes...I do. Is there a reason...why there's no one around?" I asked her.

Slowly but surely, my communication skills were becoming better.

I was still talking much too slow to be considered normal, but at least my sentences made sense.

"Don't you know...? The capital is...not in a good situation right now..." she said to me.