42. Student Dorms

All of us walked back to the dorms together after the opening ceremony ended.

To be honest, I was completely zoned out and didn't listen in on the boys' conversations.

It was so hard to focus on anything after watching the Marquis and Marquess spout nonsense.

When we reached the dorms, I realized that all of us had relatively close rooms.

Even though boys and girls were still separated, the maximum distance between me and any of the male leads were about one or two halls.

Apparently, Ash and Grey were sharing a room. A little while later, I found out that Ace and Deux were also sharing a room.

Did someone plan this...?!

Why the heck are all the main characters in the otome game sharing rooms?!

The only person that was not sharing a room with any of the guys was Florence.

He had his own roommate.

"I guess this is where we'll all split up for now," Ash waved.

"Yeah, we'll see each other tomorrow morning for breakfast then," Florence nodded as he began to walk away from the group.

Almost everyone retired to their rooms early, leaving only Grey and me behind.

"Milady, I have something I wish to give you," Grey said after they had all left.

"...What is it?" I asked.

"Please...meet my shadow..." Grey chuckled as he snapped his finger.

Almost immediately, I could see a shadowy figure rise from the ground.

"OH. MY. GODS. IT'S AN EVIL GHOST DEMON THING! AHHH!!!!! RUN!" I screeched as I started to sprint away from the area.

"Pin her down," Grey commanded the shadowy figure thing.

Wait.

Excuse me...?!

Did he just tell it to...

Within a millisecond of hearing Grey's order, it sped toward me at Mach speed and smashed me to the ground.

Using its hands, which felt like ice, it held my wrists down onto the ground without hesitation.

"OUCH!! THAT FREAKING HURT!!" I yelled as I winced from the impact.

"Oh...Did it hurt?" Grey asked with a face of ecstasy.

"Nope. Never. It didn't hurt at all. So, stop it," I said as I quickly reworded myself.

Whoops.

I almost messed up and flipped Grey's...fetish switch.

"Forgive me for resorting to such measures, milady. Unlike when we were little, you are now a much faster runner. I didn't feel like it was necessary to play a game of chase with you in the school halls," Grey explained with a smirk.