56. Love is a Fickle Thing

There, in all of his glory, was the face of a pretty boy with a wide grin.

...Excuse me??

The "Second-Goddess of Year One" was a male?!

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttt???

Did we just...discover something that we weren't supposed to...?

"Wow~! Hello, sir. Who knew I would be found out by a hottie like yourself?" Lady...uh...Sir Clementine said loudly to Wolfe.

Wolfe, the red-haired boy, said nothing in return as he slowly closed the window he was looking down on us from and walked away from our field of vision.

Welp.

I guess he decided to escape before it was too late.

Lady(?) Clementine seemed to be very eccentric.

Wolfe, who was without a doubt a person who disliked anything that would get in the way of his sleep, would never be able to get along with her/him.

"Geez! He didn't have to be so rude. I wonder how he was able to find out though...this must be a first..." Clementine muttered before they sharply turned their head to Ace and me.

They examined my face and then took a glance over at Ace.

"What? Why haven't you two said anything this whole time? Is it because you're disgusted by someone like me...?" they said as they ran their fingers through their hair sassily.

"N-No! Not at all! I think my brain was just shocked and went into overdrive for a bit as it tried to process...whatever just happened here..." I said quickly to reassure them.

"...If you don't mind me asking, would you like me to refer to you as 'lady' or 'sir' from now on?" Ace asked the question politely.

"...Huh? Aren't you guys accepting this wayyy too quickly??" Clementine said with a small surprised expression on their face.

I guess in a world and time-period like this one, most people would probably run away from this sort of thing as soon as possible or even loudly discriminate against it.

But I came from a world that was way more accepting than this one.

So, I honestly didn't care too much...I was just surprised.

Also, Ace was a dragon by heart, even if he was permanently stuck in his human form.

Human things would always be human things to him, so I was certain that he wouldn't mind Clementine at all in the slightest.

"Hmm...I really don't see an issue with it, to be honest...As long as a person embraces who they are, there really isn't a problem," Ace said as he tried to formulate the right words for Clementine.

"Oh. My. God. Has the lord finally gifted me an angel...?!?!?! He's a hottie...and his attitude is top-notch?!?!?! Do people like that even exist in real life?!?!?! No...real life isn't that fair. It can't be that fair. Perfect people don't exist in real life! Yeah!!! He must have one flaw...right...?" Clementine muttered quickly as they glanced back at Ace to assess him.

But the moment Clementine's two eyes laid on Ace's face and body, she froze for a while and looked extremely troubled.

"Oh. My. God. Maybe perfect people do exist...No...this goes against the laws of nature though...this...this isn't possible..." Clementine muttered.

"So...if you may, could you tell us what we should refer to you as...?" Ace asked again politely.

"Oh...You can call me whatever suits you, baby-I mean...uh...oops," Clementine said as they quickly covered their mouth with their hands.