Life With The Ex, Fifteen: The Beginning Of The End 3.

I groan as I walked inside the room my 6month old daughter was lying in.
I can't do anything to make the pain go away.
I have never in my life felt so useless.
If only I could take her pain away.

    The worst part was instead of Hashim to be right here by my side, he is off somewhere trying to escape my parents, he doesn't want to explain how or why he wasn't with us when such a tragedy struck. Honestly I don't even want to see his face right now. He left because he couldn't stand being in an unhappy home, what he doesn't get is that it's his fault it's unhappy and no one else.

   Someone taps me on my shoulder and I raise my head.
"How are you feeling?" Bello asks.

"Not good. My daughter is lying down in a bed, in a quarantine so no one can contact it while I sit here and do nothing. Her father is trying to avoid his in laws instead of facing it to be by my side. Things can't get worse".
   He sits beside me and releases a heavy sigh.
"Things will get better, inshallah"
"I hope so. If not I don't know what I'll do"

   Suddenly the door opens and the doctor comes in with some files in her hands. Kabir and Hashim were trailing behind her trying to peek at the files.

   "Afternoon, this is a private conversation is it alright in front of guest?" the doctor asks.

"Yes"
"No"
    Hashim And I say in unison. I don't know why he doesn't like it but it's not his choice to make, they are staying whether he accepts it or not.

"Okay" she says as we all sit.

"I want to ask some basic questions, to answer them will reserve times to go over any points you want to talk about in depth"

"Yes, we are going to comply".

"Good. The first question...When did she first begin experiencing symptoms?"

"A month ago...She had a fever and it was serious so we went to the hospital and they said she just had a mild cough and that was it" I say.
Hashim looks at me disbelievingly, he wasn't around when it happened.

She writes something down.
"Okay....has she had any trouble breathing, a sore throat or difficulty swallowing, before?"
"No she hasn't. It's the very first time".

"When she had the fever how high was it at its peak? And how long did it last?"
"It was around 120°. And it lasted for 2 weeks"

"2 weeks? 2 weeks? When was that?" Hashim asks boiling with anger but I couldn't care less.
"How come the father had no idea it happened?" Ya kabir asks raising his eyebrows.

"Can I continue?" The doctor asks.
"Yes please"

"Okay then.....has she recently been exposed to anyone with Diphtheria?"
"No not that I know of".

"Does anyone close to you have the same symptoms?"
"No. I haven't noticed".

"Have you recently travelled abroad with her?"
"No only her father".

"Has she ever be immunized?"
"Yes when she was 4months old".

"Was she being treated for any medical conditions?"
"No she hasn't".

   "Okay. Thank you for cooperating. However, we have found a list of the best hospitals to treat the Diphtheria. But out of it all we recommend The Mayo Clinic.The president and chief executive officer of Mayo Clinic, leads one of the largest not-for-profit , academic health systems in the US. It is ranked #1 in the nation. They focus on caring for patients with serious, complex illnesses. It will be best to transfer your child there"

"Where is it exactly?" Hashim asks.

"There are many Arizona, Florida, Jacksonville, Scottsdale, Phoenix, Rochester and Minnesota. But it was brought to my attention that the one in Minnesota is by far the best".