Life With The Ex, Twenty-Nine: Victory!

FLASHBACK.

"I just don't like him. I have a bad feeling about him" I tell Nafisa.
"Come on. Mukhtar is a great person Wallahi" she tries to convince me.

"Nafisa I don't know him. You do but I don't trust him. I see the way he always looks at you"
"Like I told you it's because he and I had a thing for each other"

"Wait! What?! You NEVER told me that"
"Oh! I told Mansour neh"

"You guys had a thing for each other? Explain! Now!" I spit angrily.
"He's friends with Ya Kabir And He usually comes to see him. We all got used to having him and we became very close. I liked him and he liked me but I was 16 at that time so Mama forbade the relationship. He stopped coming but we still kinda liked each other—" he cuts me off.

"So you want to invite your long lost lover? To my house?"
"What's there to worry about? I'm married to you and I have a one month old baby with you MY HUSBAND not him. There is nothing to worry about".
"So you want to rekindle your relationship with him?" I ask angrily.

"We both know that's not the case"
"Nafisa shut up! When it's staring me right in the eyes!"

"But—" she tries to argue.
"I don't want to hear a word from you or so help me god! Just shut up!" I walk out angrily.

She wants me to invite her ex for lunch? How disrespectful! I never knew she cared so little about me!

:

"I complained so much that day. I didn't speak to her for days because I thought it was disrespectful and degrading but at the end of the day I was the one who actually let her down. I'm a horrible person" I say hanging my head low shamefully.

"That's not the case anymore" Laila says trying to cheer me up.
"But that doesn't mean I won't do it again. I was so stupid"

Every single time I remember the picture I saw in Anisa's room I feel like tearing my heart out. I went over on Tuesday after work to see my daughter. I went straight to her room were I saw a picture of MY wife, her husband, MY daughter and her son.

"You still love her don't you?" Laila asks.
I raise my head and look at her.
That's when I realized how selfish I've been. She always listens to me rant about how my wife left me when she has feelings for me.

Although she wanted to look supportive she looked heartbroken. Talking about how hurt I am that Nafisa married Mukhtar but I didn't think about how it affects her.

"I don't" I lie.
"You're lying"

"I've been telling you everything. Why would I lie about this? I don't"
She smiles "Okay"

"I guess I just feel hurt she replaced me, that's all" I say but this time I partly speak the truth.

"Yeah of course it's going to hurt you. But she needs support"
"Yeah I get that" I lie again.

"Let's go out for a ride. You'll feel better. I'm sure"
"Let's go. I'm sure I will" I lie yet again.

I know if the world is going to turn upside down and change all things to opposites, I'll still love Nafisa no matter what. I know I'll wake up for the rest of my life regretting putting someone else before my wife and child. And I know no one will ever take her place in my heart, no one!

:

"It's great you're cool about it" I say lying down on Mukhtar's lap.
"I know you'll never want to go back" he smiles genuinely.

"Yeah. At least he has someone now.Someone who cares about him"
"I feel sad for her"
"Why?"

"Nafisa you loved and cared about him but it still didn't stop him from doing what he did. Not until he realized he has lost you forever"
"You're right though" I nod.

"But how did you notice she likes him?" He asks me.
"The way she looks at him and the way she talks about him"

"Oh really Love Guru" he jokes.
"Yeah? What?"

"Where is Aliyu?" he asks looking around.
"You're already losing your memory? Come on you're just 38. I took him to your sister's house earlier"

"I completely forgot we had that conversation"
"We did. So I would rest for a while. Remember?" I ask.
"When are they coming back?" He asks.

"Next week"
"That's too long"
"Not for me"

"Haka zaki ce ai. Sai gobe ki zo kina kukah (That's what you always say but ending up crying) out"
"Let's Wait And See"

:

Okay this is unexpected but this is the end of OUR CELESTIAL WEDDING!! I know it was unexpected but I like the way things are now. I just wanted to add this chapter to finalize everything.

What do you think of an ending?

Vote and comment if you want one last chapter.