Life With The Ex, Nineteen: Back For The Wedding.

Hashim walks down the stairs looking around. Suddenly the gateman popped up.
"What the hell? Joseph you scared me" he says a bit frightened.

"Someone dropped an invitation for you sir"

"Thank you" He collects it and walks back in. He doesn't know why but he creeps him out a lot especially his huge biceps but that's why he has kept him here for 2 years, to chase the sick bastards that think they can steal from him.
Immediately He closes the door he opens the invitation.

His eyes widen when he sees Fatima's name. He couldn't believe she was actually getting married but what shocked him the most was that he was sent an invitation. He knew it had to be Fatima who wanted him there because everyone else except Mami hates him. Both parents don't know about Muhibba but baba never liked him from the beginning and he knew it.
He puts back the card in the envelope and walks back to the living room. After spending hours on the couch he went upstairs before he walked to his room he stopped in front of Nafisa's bedroom door and huffs before he walks away.

He lies down and opens the card again but this time to carefully go through it.
That's when he noticed the date....it was on that day.
He knew the guys had something to do with the arrival of the card. They didn't want him there and that gave him more motivation to get dressed. He quickly got up and decided to take bath first.

:

Fatima wipes away her tears but Hanan noticed.
"What is wrong? If you're going to cry then you should before the make up artist gets here.Tell me..what's wrong?" She asks Fatima.

"I always imagined that Nafisa would be here on my wedding. She wasn't here to listen to me go on and on about him when we met or when he came over to ask my hand in marriage or when we got my gown ready and now she's not here for my big day. It ruins everything"

"I'm sure she is doing well"

"Whatever She is doing now....she's out there somewhere and she can't even call us. The only link we have is Hashim but I don't know why the guys and even the twins treat him differently now but I want him here, I'll feel a lot better if he's here"

"Don't worry. All you need to do is enjoy yourself as best you can, sweetheart. You deserve it"

"Nafisa and I always talk about my wedding. The way she'd give her speech and make a slideshow of my pictures—" she starts crying. "I'm worried Hanan. Where can she be? I miss her like crazy, I miss Anisa too. How could she leave haka kawai without thinking of how she'll make us feel" Hanan hugs her trying to calm her down.

Ammi comes in and see them wrapped around each other.
"What is going on here?" She asks confused.
Hanan let's Fatima go and turns to look at Ammi.
"She misses Nafisa" Hanan says putting the gold necklace around Fatima's neck.

Ammi walks over to them and holds Fatima's hand.
"I miss her too. So much but today is your day. She'll want you to be as happy as you can be"

"We always talked about this day Ammi. And today she's not here beside me"

Tears start forming in Ammi's eyes.
"And so because of that, today you'll look gorgeous today and take a lot of pictures so she can see them when she gets back, koh?"

"Tohm. That's better" she says as Ammi wipes her tears away but they just kept coming and so did Ammi's tears too.

Zahraddeen comes in and stands behind them, looking at them pathetically.
"Wow! What is the reason for your tears now? Did you remember something you have always wanted to eat before marriage?" He asks checking himself out in the mirror that stood in front of Fatima.
"Shut up! You know nothing!" She says back sitting up and looking at herself in the mirror as she wipes her tears away.

"What's this about? Nafisa? Because in all honesty I miss my little niece more than I miss her. No more nagging"

"Kai da wannan katan bakin naka (You and your big mouth). Go and do something...leave me alone".

"Ya Kabir told me to come here and make sure you're not crying" he says, she smiles.

"Like he knew"

"Ammi?" Zahraddeen calls his mother's name.
Fatima turns around and looks at Ammi.

She zoned out completely looking at them.
"Ammi?" She calls her.

"Yeah Yeah?" She asks smiling.

"Why don't you go rest. I'm sure Bello, the twins and I can handle things fine without you. Just take a breather before you come back in. We got it" Zahraddeen says.

She puts her hand on his arm and smile.
"Thank you. And don't go around disturbing the young girls you see" she walks away.

"Zahra pass me the veil" Fatima says.
"Sorry I'm busy" he walks out.

"OMG! This fucking child!"

:

Hashim could hear the music from where he stood outside. He knew this was their turf but he couldn't disappoint the only person who trusted him.
He slowly walks in and sits.

He sat down for over 30mins doing nothing. He didn't want problems.
The bride and the groom danced.

Then The Mc came out after they left the dance floor.
"Well that was definitely a dance. I love the active aspect of weddings. Now it's time for a speech from a sibling. The bride asked for her older brother Kabir Latif but he has asked for something else...." the screen please.

The screen slowly appeared.
Then it got on.

Everyone gasped.
Hashim stands abruptly.
"Nafisa?" He whispers.

Nafisa was on the screen holding a bottle in her hands.
"Hey sister" she says.

Fatima stood up looking at the screen shocked. The husband got up and held her.

"I'm sorry I've not been in touch and I realized that it was selfish. Today is your wedding and I knew no matter what that I had to see you somehow. After the promises we made when we where children and our teenage fantasies of all the things we would say and do. I'm really sorry I'm not there with you. I promise I'll make it right. Anisa wanted to say hello but she's asleep now. I miss you all and I wish you all the best. I'm partly sad because I didn't get to know my brother in law but I know he's amazing. Wish you two a happy life together" she waves and then the screen went blank.
Fatima sat back down with her groom smiling.

Hashim was still standing looking at the blank screen unbelievably.

He slowly walks out, completely zoned out.

:

He opens the door to his house and closes it before falling on the couch.
Suddenly someone knocks the door.

He doesn't move until they knock again.

He gets up lazily.
"Muhibba not tonight...please" he opens the door and freezes.

His phone chimes.
"That's for you" She says.

He doesn't move.

She scoffs and brushes past him, inside the house. He slowly closes the door and turns to look at her.
"Your phone" She says.

Like a puppet he picks up his phone.

"The beginning of it all" she smiles

"Nafisa...what are you...you doing here?"