Daddy Issues.

Ok quick author's note, written after a couple of years after this was first published. At the request of some of my readers, in just putting a brief warning for this fanfic. We will be dealing with dark themes like rape and suicide. If you are uncomfortable with any of this, I will put a few more warnings at the beginnings of chapters that contain those themes so you can skip if you want to. Other than that, please enjoy :D

"You sent for me, Father?" Zelda bowed her head respectfully.

"Rejoice, my daughter!" The King bellowed, making her wince.

"What is the occasion?" She cocked an eyebrow as she looked up to her father.

The king threw his head back and laughed a great belly laugh. He slapped one of his hands on the arm of his throne while he laughed before he smiled down at Zelda.

"Rejoice! This time next week, you shall be wed!" He announced with a broad smile.

Zelda's voice hitched in her throat. Her heart seemed to implode at even the notion. He couldn't actually be serious, could he?

"W-what do you mean?" She stammered with what voice she had left.

"I mean," the King smiled again, "I have found you a husband!"

He kept smiling. Did he expect her to be happy about this? Did he genuinely think she wanted to be carted off to the most powerful man the second her body was ready? Did he genuinely think she wanted to carry on her family's bloodline the second she could have children? Did he genuinely think she even wanted to marry?

"B-but what if I do not want to marry a stranger?" She squeaked.

The King's smile started to fade. Uh oh.

"You will marry him." He stated, his voice now stern but his lips still slightly curled into a hollow smile.

"I do not want to marry..." She said under her breath as quietly as she could but her father heard it.

"You can have children can't you?" He asked authorivly.

"Well technically, but-" She started but was cut short.

"You are old enough to marry, aren't you?" The King didn't care for her excuse.

"Again, technically, but-" she started desperately but was cut short again.

"Good, then you can marry him and give him a child." There was no room for excuse in his voice but Zelda tried all the same.

"But-" She gasped before her father kept forward from his throne and smacked her face with the back of his hand, nocking her to the ground.

All the guards in the throne room winced as the Princess fell to the floor. The poor girl began to cry as she nursed her red cheek. The King bit his lip and looked away. He did not like hitting his daughter but his word was final, and she would never learn that unless she learnt the punishment.

"You will marry him and that is final... Is that clear?" He looked back at Zelda who looking back up at him, subdued rage in her eyes.

She was propped up on her arms as she turned to look up at him, "Crystal clear." She spat through clenched teeth, "Father."

"Good," he sat back down on his throne, "He will be arriving around midday... Make yourself presentable." With that, he waved her away.

"May I at least know who I am supposed to marry?" Zelda got up and stared at her father.

"King Ganondorf, king of the Gerudo." He announced as he dismissed his daughter again.

***

The second her door was shut, Zelda ran to her bed and fell to the floor, her arms and head buried in the sheets. She let her tears go, and soon she was sobbing and screaming into her pillows.

Impa sat down by her side and put her arms round Zelda's shoulders. Zelda wailed for what seemed like hours in Impa's arms untill her eyes were red and sore.

"Maybe he's not so bad..." Impa reassured her as Zelda got up and composed herself before she walked over to her cupboard.

"But I am not ready to have children!" She said hoarsely, "I am only seventeen!"

Impa walked over to her and helped her out of the boring dress she was wearing, "When he gets here, you should talk to him. You should get to know him... Make the best of your situation..."

Zelda considered the thought as she slipped out of her dress and picked out a beautiful pink one as it's replacement. Impa helped her into the dress and did up the corset for her. Now the only thing they had to rectify was the large red mark on Zelda's cheek.

"Don't worry... Every member of the royal family has to go through this... You'll be alright in the end..." Impa smiled weakly as she picked up a powder from Zelda's dresser and started covering up the red mark.