The Castle Complex.

"Any ideas on that distraction you mentioned?" Zelda turned to Isaac after they ducked behind a cupboard to escape the eyes of the Gerudo.

"Yeah I have an idea. Good luck in finding Link..." He smiled at her before running out from behind the cupboard.

"Hey, look! I'm a Sheikah and I'm here to take revenge on King Ganondorf!" He yelled.

All the Gerudo in the area immediately started following him as he bolted down the corridor. Zelda muffled a chuckle behind her hands as she saw how idiotic his 'plan' was.

Then the horror dawned on her...

It had been nearly a year since she had step foot in the castle but that didn't stop the memories from flooding back.

She remembered sneaking down this exact corridor to get away from Ganondorf and into the catacombs. Zelda started to breathe heavily as she realised she was alone in the castle. She could almost feel the walls closing in on her as she begun to rock herself back and forth.

She bit down on her lip hard until she could taste her blood. She closed her eyes tight to block away the memories but it wasn't working.

Link.

She snapped back to reality when she remembered why she was here. She could bear the pain if it meant Link would be safe.

***

Ganondorf growled as he slumped down in the throne with a long robe wrapped around him. He hated being interrupted at night.

"What is it?" He said through gritted teeth as he glared down at the Gerudo warriors.

"We found this," one of them said as the battered Sheikah was brought forward, "it was causing a commotion in the corridors..."

"A Sheikah survivor?" Ganondorf threw his head back and laughed maliciously before it dawned on him what that meant.

He looked back down at the beaten Sheikah, "How is it that you managed to slip past my guards?"

"Must be luck or maybe you're big bad Gerudo warriors are just a bit dumb." Isaac shrugged sheepishly as he chuckled.

One of the Gerudo moved forward and punched him in the stomach winding him for a few seconds.

"Come on! I hadn't even got to the punchline yet!" He chuckled at his attempt at humour.

"No one just slips into my castle!" Ganondorf growled, "How did you get in here?!"

"Look, we've known each other for only a few seconds, let's not start with the dirty talk now," Isaac chuckled right before he was hit with another punch.

He winced at the pain as he begun to taste his own blood in his mouth. At least his humourous stalling would keep Ganondorf distracted, giving the Princess enough time to find Link and get themselves out of here.

***

Zelda tip toes her way down the corridor with as much stealth as she could. Rounding a corner, she checked for guards before heading towards the dungeon.

She rounded another corner and...

Wham!

Zelda and the people she collided with hit the floor. When she regained her senses, she looked over at the five figures she had knocked over.

"Arthur?" Zelda cocked an eyebrow at the knight she had met back in Goron City.

"Princess?" He shook his head to me sure he wasn't dreaming as he pulled himself up.

"Princess!" Zelda looked ov r at the tallest of the figures.

She was rather skinny and wore the bear minimum of clothing. She had a metal clamp round her neck and permanent shackles on her wrists. Her hair hung in white dreadlocks.

"Impa?!" Zelda flung her arms round the Sheikah, embracing her in a tight hug, "Oh my Hylia, what has Ganondorf done to you?!"

"Nevermind that, why are you here?" Impa glared at Zelda as they let go of each other, "I told you to get as far away as possible!"

"I came to get Link!" She crossed her arms defensively, "What about you lot?"

"We came to set Link free as well!" The Gerudo woman standing next to the smallest of the knights said.

"Who are you?" Zelda said, taking a small step back.

"Commander of the Gerudo forces, but nevermind that, we gotta get to Link..." She huffed, taking out a key from her pocket and leading them to his cell.

"Link!" Zelda yelped as the door opened to reveal the battered and beaten Link.

His entire body was caked with blood and he had scratches all over. His hair was matted to his face in clumps of sweat and blood. He sat slumped against the wall, wallowing in a pool of his own blood.

At the sound of her voice, Link tried to speak but all that came out was a pitiful hoarse noise. He tried to move but even his bones felt heavily.

Zelda ran up to him was about to pull him in for a crushing hug when she realised that it wasn't a good idea, what with all his scars.

Pike turned to Siren, "Go back to our room and get my herbs, I have a feeling Link hasn't got long left..."

***

"Into the tower with him!" Ganondorf barked orders at his guards as they dragged the Sheikah out of the throne room, "Wake all the Royal Guard, I want them here now!"

The guards bustled around as some were sent off to wake the men up.

"That Sheikah couldn't have gotten in by himself, the Princess must be here somewhere! Find her!" He growled as he glared down at them all.

"Vulgar..." Ganondorf commanded, the Dragon King coming out from the shadows.

"Yes, King Ganondorf?" He questioned.

"Let's show the troops what happens should they defy me..." He chuckled hollowly.

"My pleasure..." Vulgar smirked.