The Mastersword.

"We're lost." Zelda deadpanned as Epona trudged through the woods.

"Good." Link stated as he gazed off into the mist, "We're in the Lost Woods."

"How is that good?" Zelda turned around slightly in the saddle to cock an eyebrow at Link.

"Yes." He looked off into the distance, "I need a new sword..." He took up the reins and led Epona into a slow gallop.

"Then why in Hylia's name are we going deep into the Lost Woods?" She spoke sarcastically.

"Well, the Temple of Time of course." He stated it as though it was obvious.

***

She started to stir as she heard noise coming from her room. She rolled over and tried to stuff a pillow over her head.

"Sorry..." Pike mumbled as he hastened around the tent.

Siren rolled over again and her eyes fluttered open, "W-what are you doing?" She yawned as she sat herself up.

Pike had pulled out bottles of different herbs from his saddle pack and was currently mashing them together in a bowl. He sat by her side and poured in another plant essence to the bowl.

"Um... Well..." Pike gulped and rubbed the back of his head before continuing, "I remembered the recipe for a certain herb mix that um... Helps with black eyes..."

He rubbed the back of his head in embarrassment. Siren started to chuckle as she placed a hand on Pike's cheek and forced him to look at her.

"You didn't need to do this but thank you... I didn't know you were a herbologist..." She looked down at the pale mixture he was makeing.

"Well Link taught me some basics..." He looked down at the bowl, "I used to get bullied a lot when I was a kid, Link taught me how to make this ointment..." He chuckled, "I had a black eye every week!"

Siren burst out laughing as she tried to imagine Pike walking round with a bruised face, "So why didn't you become a Herbologist?"

"Well my mother died when I was very young and my father is Hylia knows where... Being part of the Royal Guard paid the best..." He sighed, "Plus I was told I couldn't become a healer cause it was a woman's job..."

"Well us Gerudo are all girls so that sounds like nonsense." She deadpanned.

"I know, but I joined the Royal Guard and Link stuck by my side, so did Hable and Arthur..." He started to scoup up the ointment with his hands, "When and if this fiasco is over, and Ganondorf is gone, I want to open up my own Herb and medicine shop..."

Siren held up her hair as Pike applied the scrub to her black eye. It stung slightly for a few seconds but the pain passed and she was left feeling numb on one side of her face.

"Last night, Ganondorf went back to Hyrule Castle. He has ordered his entire force back. When we get there, I can try to get some information on Link's whereabouts. With any luck, he can get the Princess back to her kingdom. When that happens, we can talk to her about getting you that little shop of yours..." Siren got up and stretched.

"Really?" Pike squealed with glee.

"Really." Siren chuckled.

***

"The Temple of Time." Link gestured to the huge stone building in front of them as they came out of the Lost Woods.

The two slipped out of the saddle and tied Epona to the nearest tree and slowly approached the cold stone doors. Zelda was hesitant at first but Link pushed through the doors.

The whole building was falling apart. Parts of the stone walls were crumbled and turning to dust at their feet. Gran peeked through the cracks in the floor and ivy clung to what was left of the walls.

Link and Zelda walked to the end of the long hall and pushed their way through the next doors. The two stood in awe of what they saw.

Light shone in from the holes in the walls. The sunlight rest upon a solitary sword that was embedded into the stone pillar.

The pommel of the sword was a deep blue and the blade was made of the purest metal.

Link came forward and closed his fingers over the pommel. He took a deep breath and began to pull.

Zelda stood off to the side as she felt her hand start to shake. She looked down at it and saw the golden symbol of the Triforce glowing from the back of her hand. The Tri-piece of Wisdom shone more prominently.

She looked back over at Link and saw that his hand was glowing as well. It flickered over and over again as he continued to pull the sword out of the pillar.

With one last burst of energy, the sword came free as Link lifted it into the air. The flickering stopped and his hand shine brightly. Zelda looked closer and saw the golden Tri-piece of Courage.

As Link lowered the great sword, both their hands started to dull down. He walked towards Zelda and slipped the sword into his belt. Zelda held out her hand to show him her Tri-piece. He looked down at his own hand and his eyebrows furrowed as he saw his own Tri-piece.

"You have the Tri-piece of Courage..." Zelda spoke softly, "Only the one with that Tri-piece could have pulled the Mastersword from it's pedistle."