The Purpose of Love?

Ganondorf let a toothy smile cross his lips as he marched towards the helpless Village. He knew that his dear wife, Zelda would give in to him once innocent lives were on the line. She was weak like that, she wasn't a fighter. She had killed Vulgar, yes, but he knew that she was fuelled with anger because he had killed Link.

He chuckled to himself as he imagined how Zelda would cope after her protector had died. Surely the boy was dead by now.

"Ghirahim!" Ganondorf bellowed loudly.

Suddenly, there was a small pop noise and a rather slim man appeared out of nowhere. He had sleek white hair and a silver, skin tight, outfit as well as a red cowl over his shoulders.

"Yes, master?" He exclaimed, so happy to be summoned for the first time in what seemed like a lifetime.

"Straight to the point, Ghirahim, we are at war with Hyrule and I need you to scout out in the Village," he pointed to Hateno, "and tell me all of it's weak spots..."

The Sword Spirit leapt into action. He snapped his fingers and he was gone. Ganondorf slowed his forces down, the Gerudo and monster army both coming to a halt at his command. He waited and waited.

Pop!

"Master, Master!" Ghirahim sounded shocked, "Hateno Village is deserted! There is no one left!"

Ganondorf growled angrily as he swung his great arm at the Sword Spirit. He wrapped his hand around Ghirahim's neck and lifted him up from the ground. He clawed at his neck for air as Ganondorf glared at him.

"What?!" He spat out, enraged that Zelda had been smart enough to evade him.

***

Hable and his squadron of Royal Guard had arrived that morning and were now helping to get the refugees into Castle Town and the castle itself. He saw new soldiers being trained by Impa and saw Arthur and the Sheikah man distributing supplies. He saw Pike bustling around the castle with volunteers at his heels to heal the wounded throughout the castle. He briefly saw Siren as she handed over her battle tactics sheet to another soldier.

Everyone seemed to have a job, but now that he had finished bringing the refugees back, Hable had nothing to do. He wanted to help, but he wasn't very good at anything.

***

She smiled broadly as her heart beat so fast she was worried it would burst out of her chest. She looked beside her and beamed up at the smiling face of her father who carefully placed the veil over her face.

Taking a deep breath, the doors to the hall opened at the two begun to talk, their arms linked, towards the end of the hall. She saw everyone! Her mother was there, a proud smile upon her face as she watched her daughter walk down the isle. She saw Impa, whom she had known from a small age, also wearing a smile.

Then her attention was turned to the one waiting for her at the alter. She smiled again, utter happiness filling her thoughts as she neared him. His face was blurred by her veil but not for long...

He carefully lifted it off her face and she leant in, eyes closed, for a kiss...

"Remove!" Ganondorf bellowed, ripping off Zelda's wedding dress, leaving her exposed in her underwear.

He moved forward and tore those off as well, leaving her stark naked in front of all the guests.

Zelda's screams could be heard across the hall as she awoke in a fit of tears.

Her entire body was drenched in sweat as she shook violently in her chair. She continued to cry hollow tears for what seemed like hours before she raised her head.

Through her bloodshot eyes, she saw Link. He was still just laying there, dead still. She growled angrily as she beat a fist down on the bed.

"Wake up Link! Wake up! Wake up!" She yelled at him, her patience running thin.

She shook violently as she continued to yell at Link, still shaken from her nightmare. She thrashed around in her chair as she shouted.

"You can't leave me like this! You promised you'd be here! You promised!" She beat down on the bed in anger.

Again, Link didn't move.

She was about to thump her fist down on the bed again when she broke.

She collapsed back into her chair in tears. She pulled her legs up to her chest and rocked herself back and forth. She wrapped her arms round herself to shield herself from the cold of the room.

The room seemed so much smaller than it used to be. The walls seemed to close in on Zelda, restricting her breathing and her heart to pump faster.

Her vision flashed and there stood Ganondorf, glaring down at her.

She closed her eyes and waited from him to try and rip her apart but that never happened...

She opened her eyes and he wasn't there anymore.

She looked at Link and she let a smile cross her lips for a fraction of a second. Still crying, she carefully climbed onto the bed and layed down next to him. She stayed away from him just in case she awoke again in the night and accidentally hurt him. She let a sigh of relief escape her as she layed down besides him. She had always felt safe by Link's side, and now that he was still recovering, she would have to be by his side no matter what, she couldn't loose it, she had to stay strong for him.