The Ally.

Zelda woke up with a start. She shook violently as she smoothed out her hair so she could see what had woken her. She steadied her breathing and focused her eyes on Link.

He had his knees drawn up close and his hair was matted to his face as it mixed with his sweat. He rocked himself back and forth as he silently sobbed into his knees.

Zelda sighed as she pulled herself to her feet and walked over to him. She crouched down by his side and hesitantly placed her hand on his shoulder (the one that wasn't injured).

Link stopped rocking back and forth and recoiled away from her touch. She backed away a bit so as to give him some space. He looked away from her, not wanting her to see him cry.

Zelda back back on the damp grass. All she could do was watch him, her own tears beginning to stream down her cheeks. He didn't know it yet,but she knew exactly what he was feeling.

He had lost Lyrah and she had lost her father and her Kingdom. The two cried until the sun peaked over the horizon, signalling the approach of dawn.

"We should..." Zelda squeaked hoarsely as she cleared her tears away, "We should get moving..."

"W-where are we now?" Link croaked.

"I don't know..." Zelda sighed as she stopped out the dieing campfire, "I let Epona get us out, we're lost."

Link finally managed to pull himself up and helped Zelda to pack up their things. They spent that day in silence, still mourning the death of Lyrah and the potential death of all the workers back at her ranch.

***

"I can't believe it!" Hable exclaimed, digging his sword into the dirt next to him before slumping down onto the log next to Arthur.

"That must have been that Lyrah girl he always told us about..." Arthur hung his head low.

All the soldiers had been taken aback when Ganondorf sliced his sword straight through the poor farm girl's chest. Hable, Arthur and Pike had been even more surprised when Link came bursting into the fray and blindly went against Ganondorf. Everyone was talking about it, the fact that this mere boy managed to wound their King.

The three soldiers were go smacked when the Princess rode to Link's aid on Epona.

"So that's why he ran away from the Castle..." Pike concluded, "He was protecting the Princess..."

"He's wounded, he's lost Lyrah, he's now an outlaw. I wonder what he is feeling right now..." Hable mumbled as he came forward and stoked the fire so it grew hotter.

"He's our friend!" Arthur snapped, "We should be helping him!"

"How?" Pike scoffed.

"I have a pretty good idea..." All eyes snapped to the treeline as the Commander came towards them.

The three looked at each other with that uh-oh look. She came forward and sat down next to Pike. She looked around the camp to make sure that no one else was listening in.

"I can help you, help Link..." She whispered to the group.

Pike looked at her and saw that she had her luxurious red hair styled differently. Half of it was up in her tight ponytail but the other half was brushed over her eye. The only eye Pike could see was bloodshot and had subtle tear stains running down it. Only Pike could see this because the firelight was low.

"Why would you help us?" Arthur cocked an eyebrow at the commander, "Ganondorf is your King." He deadpanned.

"Well..." She started as she brushed her hair over her ears, "I've had a change of heart..."

Pike slapped a hand to his face and the other two sat there in shock. The eye she had covered was now black and puffy. They looked closer and saw the tear stains on her cheeks and realised why she had decided to help them.

"I'm command Ganondorf's army. He gives me all the classified information I need to do my job. If he knows where Link is, I will know. We can warn him..." She smoothed her hair back over her blackened eye as she spoke.

"Did he do this to you?" Pike finally spoke as he pointed towards her covered eye.

"He didn't like the fact that the Princess got away..." She got up and was about to walk back to her tent alone when Pike got up and went after her.

"Siren, are you sure you wanna do this? If Ganondorf finds out, you could be executed!" He spoke in quiet tones so on one else would hear him.

"I'm sure." She snapped back at him as she continued to walk back over to her tent,"All my life I've taken orders from that beast. I just thought it was normal for your King to punish you when you disappointed them. But since I've hung out with you and your friends, I realize that I'm wrong. Your former King was just and fair and I'm sure his daughter will be the same..."

The two entered her rather large tent. She made herself comfortable on her many pillows and Pike stood awkwardly by the entrance. He hadn't been invited into her tent and he was about to leave when she began to laugh her belly laugh.

"Don't worry," she chuckled before patting the space next to her, "Come sit"

Pike walked over hesitantly and sat down, his whole body tense. Siren shuffled towards him and rest her head on his shoulder. It wasn't long before the two were sound asleep.