Broken Chains.

Her chains rattled noisily as the two attempted to slip away from the throne room without attracting attention. Karen tried her best to keep them still but she was shacking violently.

She could hardly walk anymore, the pain between her legs too unbearable to cope with. Hable pitied her so much, he couldn't believe Ganondorf would do such a thing to her.

"Where are we going?" Karen asked hesitantly.

"Down to the Blacksmith's, if we can get your chains off then you will be free..." Hable whispered as they rounded another corner.

Once in the Royal Blacksmith's workshop, Hable grabbed the hammer that was left on the side and led Karen over to the anvil. She spread her chains over the black and braced herself.

Wham! Hable beat the hammer down on the chains hard. Both winced at the sound of metal on metal.

Hable waited cautiously for a few minutes to make sure no one was alerted to their noise before he tried again.

Wham!

Karen sighed in relief as one of her shackles gave in and her hand was freed. She pulled it off and rubbed the bloody sores that were all over her wrists that had been made from the shackles cutting into her skin.

With a few more beats of the hammer, her other shackle came off.

***

"Got a name?" Zelda asked briskly as they sat down on the cold stone floor to rest for that evening.

"Isaac." The Sheikah man said before he brought out their food rations from his pack and handed one to Zelda.

"Thanks..." She said hollowly before she brought out their blankets from her pack.

"Link will be fine..." Isaac sighed as he saw how impatient the Princess was being, "You said there is roughly a days journey to the castle, correct? Think of it this way, in a days time, you will see Link again..."

Zelda scoffed as she cocked an eyebrow at the Sheikah, "That's if my dear husband hasn't killed him already..."

"Why do you always see the negative side of things?" Isaac chuckled as he took a bite out of the bread he was eating.

"Cus that's the only side there is..." Zelda sighed as she drew her knees up to her chest and took out her last bottle of spiced Wine from her pack before taking a gulp.

"Why's that?" He cocked an eyebrow at the intriguing Princess.

"Ganondorf has taken everything from me." She deadpanned, "Why should I believe this time will be any different?"

"You'd be surprised what love can make you do..." Isaac chuckled, "Otherwise why would you be here right now? You're about to sneak into one of the most defended complexes in Hyrule to save your dear Link right from under Ganondorf's nose!"

Zelda chuckled softly as she realised how ridiculous her plan was. She took out her two knives from her belt.

She looked down at the jeweled dagger that she had carved the name 'Vulgar' into before she looked down at the kitchen knife that she had carved the name 'Ganondorf' into. She couldn't wait until she could plunge them into the hearts of the ones she had carved into them.

***

"Where will I go?" She asked sheepishly as Hable rushed around the kitchens, gathering up a basket of supplies for her.

"Best go to Hateno Village, the castle isn't safe for most girls at this time..." He said as he gathered up a loaf of bread and wrapped in in a cloth.

He went into the next room which was dedicated to laundry. He picked out a respectable dress for Karen before he came out and handed it to her. She then disappeared into the room to change while Hable bustled round, gathering her supplies.

When she came out, the two slipped out of the kitchen and snuck out into the hall.

"Get to Hateno, if you go to the inn, tell my sister, Abigale, that I sent you, she can find you work and shelter..." Hable smiled at Karen before they found themselves at a door.

He opened it for her, letting the moonlight drain in, "Follow the path and you should be in the heart of Castle Town. From there, go to the Southern Gate and the road should take you to Hateno..."

Karen looked out into the night sky and she was about to walk off when she looked back at Hable.

She took a shaky step forward and gave him a small kiss on the cheeks, "Thank you..." She whispered before hurrying off down the path.

Hable raised a hand to his blushing cheek as Karen disappeared into the night.

***

Siren woke with a start as she heard a knock on her door. She pulled herself out of bed and winced at the sight of the midday sun that poured in from the window.

She tossed aside the empty wine bottle that was in her hand before she opened the door while she rubbed her temples to get rid of the crushing headache.

"Oh my Nayru!" Pike gasped as he saw Siren in the state that she was, "What happened to you?"

"What? You haven't seen someone drink themselves to death because she messed up everything before?" She slurred her words sarcastically.

"I that you did it to protect me though..." Pike said sheepishly as he raised her cheeks so she could look at him, "Thank you... I'm so sorry I didn't trust you, I was stupid. I'm so sorry, Siren-"

"Mia." She corrected.

"Huh?" Pike cocked a curious eyebrow at the Gerudo girl.

"My real name is Mia..." She bit her lip and looked down at her feet again.

It suddenly struck him. When they had first met, she had told him that "Siren' was a nickname that other gave her and that he would have to earn the right to know her actual name.

"I love you." She spoke, her voice barely audible.

"I-I love you too..." Pike blushed as he spoke the words.