Winning

Zelda collapsed to the floor the second her bedroom door was shut. She curled up into a ball at the foot of the door. She rocked herself back and forth as she let silent tears stream down her face.

She couldn't believe she had done it. She couldn't believe she had agreed to marry Lord Edward.

Before she had run away from him, Lord Edward had commanded his army to defend Goron city. At least the Gorons were now safe...

She knew when the war started that she would have to make sacrifices, but she never thought she was strong enough to do something like this. However, she knew that her own feelings didn't matter if it got in the way of her Kingdom's safety...

Link begun to stir in his sleep. He could here a soft voice coming from the other side of the room. His eyes fluttered open and his ears perked up.

In the year and a bit that Link had known Zelda, they had become accustomed to each others sobs.

Carefully and with great effort, Link pushed the covers off him and he begun to pull himself up by grabbing onto the bedposts. He bit his lip to stop him whimpering in pain and he slid out of bed and onto the floor.

Zelda couldn't stop the images that were flooding into her mind. She could see Ganondorf ripping her clothes off her and straddling her to the bed. She could hear her feeble screams. Then she saw Lord Edward, he had her cornered in a dark room. With one swipe of his hand, her clothes were off and he pinned her to the wall.

She felt cold, her entire body shivering uncontrollably.

Zelda screamed in fright when she felt arms wrap round her. Thinking h r bison was coming true, she backed up to the door as far as she could, still sobbing into her hands.

"No! No please!" She cried, "No!"

"Zelda... Whatever you're thinking of... Whatever you're talking about... Whatever you're hiding from the world... Whatever is scaring you..." Link spoke soft as he moved closer and gently wrapped his arms round her, "I will always be here."

Zelda stopped rocking back and forth. She stopped sobbing. She stopped whimpering.

She knew that voice and she knew those words...

Slowly, ever so slowly, she opened her bloodshot eyes and she stared into Link's comforting blue ones. Worry was plastered on his face hands around her trembled in fear for her.

Still shivering from the cold dread of her visions, Zelda grabbed Link by the shoulder and pulled him to her. She wrapped her arms round his neck and he wrapped his arms around her middle.

She sobbed into his chest. He begun to warm her up as they sat there in each other's arms. She could feel his heartbeat as she nuzzled herself into his chest.

Link whispered comforting things to her as he begun to stroke her hair. He slowly rocked her untill he felt her grip on him loosen and she fell asleep in his arms.

Carefully so as not to wake her, Link lifted himself to his feet with her in his arms. He hissed in pain and he bit his lips but he refused to give in. He hobbled over to the bed and cautiously placed Zelda in it. He pulled the covers up over her before he stumbled round the bed and got back in himself.

***

"Gotcha!" Isaac laughed as he jumped up and pinned Arthur to the ground for the third time that afternoon.

"How about the best out of five?" The knight huffed in annoyance as he pushed the Sheikah off him.

"But I keep beating you!" Isaac chuckled as he picked up his sparring spear from the ground and poised for another fight.

Arthur picked up his own sparring spear and readied himself for another match. The two had been training together the entire afternoon and so far, Isaac was the reining champion.

Arthur lunged forward with his spear to which the Sheikah man deflected easily. As they fought, it almost became a sort of dance, with one of them attacking and the other defending.

"Hey, Arthur!" Isaac chuckled, "I can't wait to see the look on your face when you loose again!"

Arthur growled in anger and tightened his grip on his spear. He lunged forward and tried to nick Isaac on the shoulder but he fell short.

"Has anyone ever told you..." Isaac chuckled, "That you're kinda cute when your angry?"

Arthur stopped in shook for a fraction of a second, distracted by Isaac's statement. A fraction of a second was all Isaac needed.

WHAM!

Arthur felt to the floor with a this as Isaac's sparring spear hit him from behind.

Isaac chuckled to himself as he walked off the training grounds to get some water when he heard Arthur get up.

"Hey, Isaac!" He called, "Has anyone ever told you that you have a cute bum!"

"Wha-?" Isaac turned around only to...

WHAM!

Arthur's spear hit him round the face, dropping him to the floor. After a few moments of silence, the two burst out laughing.

***

"Princess, Goron City is safe, Lord Edward's troops have cleared the surrounding forest of Bokoblins." The messenger announced to the council.

All the representatives let out a sigh of relief, especially the Goron Chief who was glad to here that his home had survived the Bokoblin onslaught.

Zelda's sigh however was that of relief and dread. Goron city was safe and Lord Edward had fulfilled his end of the bargain, now it was time to fulfil her's...

"Now then, my fiance, Zelda..." Lord Edward purred into her ear as he put his hands on her hips from behind, "When is this wedding of ours?"

Zelda felt her lip quiver as she dread of what the future would bring for her. She had been married once and that was what had started this war in the first place.

But then she smiled as a thought came into her mind. The battle at Goron city had been won, she no longer needed Lord Edward's troops...

"When shall we become man and wife?" Lord Edward asked again.

"Oh..." Zelda turned around to face him with a broad smile in her face, "I was thinking... Never"

With that, Zelda raised her fist with her studded leather fingerless gloves on. Before Lord Edward could pull away, Zelda launched her fist, studs first, into his face.

The other council members in the room gasped as they heard Lord Edward's jaw crack and break with the force of the punch Zelda had thrown at him.

"The wedding is off." Zelda smiled as he fell to the floor in pain.

With that, Zelda walked gracefully out of the council room.