Calm Before the Storm.

Zelda stirred in her sleep as she felt the sun billowing in from the open window. She sighed lightly as she snuggled into Link's arms and tried to go back to sleep. It was the first time she had a good night sleep in years...

Link began to stir as well, he felt Zelda nuzzle into his neck and he could feel her hot breath on his chest. He let his lips curl up in a smile as he opened his eyes and saw the most beautiful woman he had seen sleeping soundly on his chest.

"It's rude to stare..." Zelda smiled as her eyes fluttered open and she looked into Link's blue eyes.

"Pardon me, your highness," Link said mockingly through a chuckle, "but you are too beautiful for me not to stare..."

Zelda smiled warmly as her cheeks heated up into an outrageous blush. That was the first time someone had ever called her beautiful.

Shacking her head to bring herself back to reality, Zelda looked out the window and realized how late it was. Usually, she woke up, or screamed herself awake, before dawn.

"Don't you need to attend some sort of council meeting this morning?" Link sighed.

Zelda thought for a minute before she shook her head, "They can wait..." She hummed quietly before she lay her head down on his chest again and hugged him close.

***

"I fear that this war is one we can not win..." Siren sighed as she sat down in her chair around the council table as the other members nodded solemnly in agreement.

"But how is he communicating with his entire army? His forces are widely spread out and I doubt his messengers could travel the distance in such a short time." Impa sighed, rubbing her temples in frustration.

"I wish I knew..." Siren sighed as she stared at the map.

***

With the council meeting over and done with, Link and Zelda didn't need to do anything for the rest of the day. However, Link wanted to start exercising his leg muscles again so they decided to go for a walk through the castle.

Unlike the day before, Link didn't need to put his arm over Zelda's shoulder to keep him steady. Instead, he took Zelda's hand at they walked.

Zelda had at first not known how to react when they walked hand in hand but she soon got used to the idea. It seemed that Link was the only one who could help her concour her fears.

Before they knew it, they were walking through the gardens. Zelda stopped in her attacks and her lip begun to quiver.

This was the spot her father had been murdered.

Link knew that face. He had made the same face when he saw a huge jagged blade slice through Lyrah. And both he and Zelda had mourned the lose of their love ones together. Link was now familiar with Zelda's grieving face.

He put his arm round her shoulders and he held her close. She let a few years trickle down her cheeks as she remembered that fateful day, more than a year ago.

Finally composing herself, Zelda and Link carried on through the gardens. They talked for a while but they enjoyed the silence after it. It gave them a chance to look around at the beautiful flowers and plants that swayed in the wind and shined in the sun.

It was getting dark when they found themselves by the Castle Wall. Both remembered this place.

This was the place they first met...

Zelda had fainted and Link carried her to safety. She was a frightened young girl who had just seen her father murdered right Infront of her and Link was a mere soldier boy who had just been given the responsibility of protecting the Princess. How times had changed since then.

Now Zelda was a strong woman who could lead her own kingdom and Link was a courageous warrior who would gladly give his life for the safety of others.

They sat down on a stone bench and watched as the sun began to set. It was always beautiful how the various colours mixed together. They sat in silence, just enjoying each other's company until Zelda thought of something.

Before she could stop herself, she snaked her arms round Link's neck and pulled him into a passionate kiss.

At first, Link was surprised, this was the first time Zelda had kissed him and not the other way round. He thought she was still too scared to initiate a kiss but he was apparently wrong.

They closed their eyes as their deep kiss continued. Zelda felt herself heat up and she broke out in a terrible blush. She felt Link place his hands on her waist and he didn't move them again though she could tell he wanted to.

Link wanted to ravish her, he wanted to pull her closer to him but he kept his hands firmly on her waist. As strong as she seemed, in anything begun to set off her nightmares, he knew she would loose it. He didn't want to frighten her.

Zelda actually wanted him to move his hands. She didn't know what kind of feeling it was but she knew that something inside of her wanted him to explore her. She knew that the last time someone handled her like that, she had been beaten and hurt but she knew Link, he would never harm her.

Zelda actually begun to squirm uncomfortablely as she felt her inner thighs heat up. It was something about the way Link kissed her that sent waves of excitement washing over her.

***

"Ghirahim!" Ganondorf bellowed loudly before a puff of black diamonds appeared in front of him.

"Yes Master?" The sword spirit beamed, more than happy to serve.

"Send word to my troops in the south that they will attack the farms at dusk tonight. Then tell them to make their way towards Lake Hylia..." He started, gesturing to the map he held in his hands, "I grow tried of this cat and mouse game, we attack Hyrule Castle in three days time!" He bellowed.

Now if this chapter isn't enough to get you excited, then you'll be pleased to hear that a Zelink lemon might be coming up (pun intended)! Like when I did the Piken lemon, I will ask you the same question.

Explicit or baby version or half n half?