New Story Preview.

Now that this book is finished, it's time to give you a teaser of my next book. Those of you that read my previous book, 'A Princess's Problem' will know that I like to unveil a new Zelink book after I've finished the current one.

Well it's that time again, this book is finished and it's time to give you a sneek peek on my next one.

This story is a Zelink fan fiction and the title is, 'Love is Blind'

Here goes nothing...

"And where do you think you're going, Princess?" Impa chuckled as she entered the room and saw Zelda securing a strip of cloth round her mouth so as to disguise her identity.

"Me? I'm going to train with the soldiers, just like I always do..." She waved the question off as she turned in the direction of Impa's voice and patted the chest plate of her Sheikah armour proudly.

"Ok, but remember, be back by dinner or people will know you are missing..." Impa chuckled as she walked forward and patted her on the shoulder, "And be careful on your way down..."

"I'm always careful!" Zelda chuckled as she walked over to her balcony doors.

Impa sighed in defeat as she sat down in the nearest armchair and started to read. She knew she wasn't allowed to let Zelda out of her tower let alone let her out the way she did, but Impa knew Zelda was slowly going mad as she was trapped up there. Each week, Zelda would disguise herself as a Sheikah girl and climb down the vines of her tower to the training grounds to practice with the soldiers.

Zelda found her way to the balcony edge and she slowly lifted a leg over it and made sure it was secure in the vines before she did the same with the other leg. She crouched down and took a hold of the vines with her hands before she began her decent down. It was quite surprising to Impa when she had first done this, that Zelda, blind though she was, was actually a great climber. The wind would rustle the ivy leaves and Zelda would be able to visualise where her next step should be.

***

She let the arrow fly and she heard it slice through the target. She smiled as she lowered her bow. She was about to walk forward and grab her arrow when she heard the bushes behind her shake. That was odd, there was no considerable breeze that morning.

Zelda turned around to face the bushes. Nobody except a few members of staff knew she was blind so when she turned around, the bushes rustled some more before going silent. She heard footsteps fade away as she turned.

She just shrugged it off and walked towards the target to collect her arrows. A broad smile crossed her lips as she felt around the target. She had got all five of them mere inches away from the bullseye.

***

Zelda ate at the barracks at lunchtime with the other soldiers and Knights. She didn't talk to them much and they repaid that favour. She only trained once a week with them and, as a mysterious Sheikah girl who could cut the wings off a fly with a bow an arrow, they learnt to keep their distance.

There was only one other person who was as skilled as she was. Being blind, Zelda had learnt to use her other senses. She heard the other soldiers talk about her. They didn't know who she was and that was such a relief for her, if they knew her then they probably wouldn't let her train with them. But she also heard about this other mysterious Knight who was equally as skilled.

His name was Link.

Link and Zelda had competed in contests together, well, against each other. The soldiers took much pleasure in seeing the two most skilled warriors go head to head. However, with Zelda being blind and Link being very skilled at staying completely silent, Link usually won.

But Link and Zelda had barely talked to one another. There was just the pleasant 'good mornings' exchanged but other than that, they didn't talk. Link was known as the Silent Knight and Zelda didn't want anyone to find out she was blind or that she was a princess. The two had great respect for each other and both wanted to be friends but Link was shy and Zelda was in disguise, she even called herself Sheik.

Sheik sat in the corner of the barrack, eating her stew quietly as she listened to the chatter of the other soldiers. It wasn't long before she heard the soft pad of footsteps approaching her. She recognised the almost silent way the person walked and recognised him as Link.

"So...um... Sheik... I was wondering..." Link sat down opposite her and rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

Zelda cocked an eyebrow as she heard his nervous tone. Link never usually talked to her so she didn't know what to expect.

"I was thinking..." He started again, "I was wondering if I could maybe... Get a lesson or two in archery?" He trailed off nervously.

Zelda slapped a hand to her mouth so as to muffle her laughs. Link, the most talented Knight she had ever met, wanted archery lessons from her? If only he knew she was blind, it made her laugh even more.

"You want me to teach you?" Zelda held back tears as she tried her best not to laugh too loud.

"Y-yes..." Link trailed off with a nervous laugh.

"Fine. But remember that I only come here once a week..." Zelda grinned as she heard his sigh of relief.

"Thank the Goddesses!" Link sighed, "I'm not very good at archery but you definitely are."

Zelda finished up her stew and stood. Before Link could protest, Zelda grabbed him by the tunic and all but dragged him out of the barracks and towards the training grounds.

A few of Link's friends saw this and gave him a thumbs up. One of them whistled at him before laughing. The other one mouthed out the words 'nice one mate' before giving him a mocking wink. Link gave them a death glare before heading out of the barracks.

"I'm placing bets on how long their relationship will last!" Link's best friend announced to the rest of the soldiers in the room.

"A day?" One said sarcastically.

"An hour, if the dude lasts that long if you know what I mean!" Another man said before the room exploded with laughter.

I hope you enjoyed that sneek peek even though it wasn't that interesting.

I should be publishing this book soon so follow my account to see if I have published it.

On another note, thank you so much for putting up with me and my book, if you've made it this far then you must be critically insane like me 🙃.