The Beginning of Zelda?

Zelda whipped round and slashed the jeweled dagger at Vulgar who jumped back, surprised at the Princess's actions. She got up and wiped away her tears before taking out her red hilted sword and raising it along with the dagger. Vulgar threw his head back and laughed, she didn't honest expect him to fight her? She was weak!

As he threw his head back to laugh, Zelda ran forward, catching him off guard. She let out a furious cry as she leapt forwards and thrust the dagger forward.

With her adrenaline pumping and her sheer strength of will driving forward, the dagger plunged right through the armour of the great beast and embedded itself in his chest.

Vulgar howled in pain as he dropped to his knees. Zelda smiled maliciously before pulling the dagger out of his chest, splattering his vile blood over the floor. His mouth filled up with his own blood and it flowed out of his gaping wound. He tried to scream but only a garbled noise escaped his mouth as his blood stopped him from talking.

"This is what my father felt like when you plunged your sword through his chest..." Zelda leant down and whispered into Vulgar's ear, "I want you to feel everything!" She spat.

With that, she kicked him to the floor and walked over his body. He still clutched at his wound and he finally realised what she meant. Zelda was no fool, Link had taught her how to fight. She had plunged the dagger right next to his heart. It wasn't enough to kill him instantly, rather it gave him the chance to die slowly, his lungs filling up with blood and his heart not being able to pump blood through the body.

The Royal Guard squadron that had been watching this entire time finally found their senses. So far, King Ganondorf had ruled with fear. The Royal Guard had no choice but to fight for him because they knew that no one could oppose the mighty King Ganondorf. But they had just seen someone do just that.

Link who welded the Triforce of Courage, though beaten and on the brink of death, had managed to stand his ground against the beast when most people that her older, more experienced and in better health could not. Then Zelda had shown wisdom in being able to identify Vulgar's weakness of ego and had defeated him.

"Come on lads!" One of the men called out as he drew his sword and charged at the Gerudo squadron that was also in the room.

With that, all the Royal Guard soldiers followed him and fought off the Gerudo.

"Pass me the Bottle labeled 'Nettle Ointment'" Pike asked as calmly as he could as he desperately tried to hold in Link's guts.

Siren fumbled around in the medicine satchel before handing him the glass bottle with a greenish pigment. He poped the cork and poured the entire bottle of liquid over Link's body. Link let out a garbled howl through the blood in his mouth as the stinging medicine seeped into every cut and hurt like hell.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Pike cried, his eyes welling up with tears at the prospect of loosing him, "I need bandages!" He said.

Impa hurriedly fished out the bandages as Zelda picked up the Mastersword from the floor. The weight of the blade made it extremely difficult to lift and it was surprising how Link could handle such a thing with ease but Zelda forced herself to pick it up anyways.

Ganondorf growled at the sight before him. Vulgar was as good as gone and his Gerudo were loosing to the Royal Guard. Now the Princess was coming at him with the Mastersword. Before Zelda could get to him, he summoned up the energy to perform his magic and - poof - he was gone.

Zelda growled and threw the Mastersword on the ground in anger. She was bloodthirsty and out for vengeance against her past but Ganondorf had gotten away!

She forgot all her anger the second she heard Link scream in pain. Before she knew it, her legs were carrying her over to him. Pike was working as fast as he could to bandage his wounds but with each layer he put on, the blood would deep through, turning the bandages red. Arthur and Hable were dabbing cloths soaked with medicine onto the more serious wounds as Pike had instructed them to do. Pike was spouting out instructions to Siren and Impa who were trying to keep up as they grabbed ingredients out of the bag and mashed them together in the bowl.

"And now we wait..." Pike sighed as, after what seemed like hours of work, he looked down at Link who was very pale and more like a mummy than a Hylian but still breathing.

***

In the year she had been away from the castle, Zelda had always had doubts that she would ever step foot in the throne room of her ancestors ever again. Sure, she wished she could but it was very different to how she felt when she finally did make it back.

"Princess..." Impa coughed, snapping Zelda back to reality.

The Royal Guard had defeated the Gerudo that were in the throne room and the others had fled the castle. Presumably, they were readying to regroup with Ganondorf.

Vulgar had finally died and his limp body was sprawled across the floor.

Link had been moved into one of the bedrooms to rest. Zelda insisted that she stay with him but Pike warned her that now Link was stable, he was ready to receive more treatment to his wounds but that the medicine Pike was going to use would sting a lot and that Pike didn't want Zelda to see Link in more agony.

Impa gestured to the throne as everyone in the hall looked at Zelda. She gulped and slowly begun to walk. She stepped over Vulgar and ended up walking through Link's pool of blood towards the throne.

She couldn't sit. She just couldn't. It just made more memories flooding back. She remembered her father and how he was slain. She remembered the day she was forced to marry Ganondorf. She remembered be sold like meat for Ganondorf's amusement.

"No..." She shook her head, "I can't, not now... I'm not ready..." She looked around the room to all the confused soldiers but Impa knew what she was talking about.

"Well what do we do now?" Hable asked.

"Well... First things first..." She turned to Arthur, "There is a Sheikah man in the dungeons, please go get him and make sure he is well looked after..."

Arthur nodded and hurried down down the corridors before Zelda turned to the Royal Guard.

"You lot must go into the catacombs and find the Sheikah survivors, I will draw out a map so you can follow it..." They all nodded

***

Arthur picked out the key and opened the lock to the dungeon cell. As the light filled the room, Isaac flinched. As his light adjusted, he smiled though blood dripped from his mouth and his eye was black.

"Ah... My Knight in shining Royal Guard uniform!" He chuckled as Arthur came forward and released him from his chains.

"My Hero!" Isaac chuckled as he pretended to swoon though he did look pale and ready to actually faint.

Guys, don't worry, this is not the end of the story!