On The Move.

Pike sighed with relief as he sat down next to Arthur, "Why can't we get horses? How come these Gerudo get them all?" He whined as he took off his helmet and ruffled his curly brown hair.

"Come on, it's polite to let the women have the horses." Hable teased his friend as he helped another Knight put up the tents.

"I know!" He snapped back, "It's just why can't we take it in turns?" He mumbled.

"Got a problem with the way I run things, soldier?"

Pike jumped in fright as he turned round to look at the source of the voice. In front of him stood a Gerudo woman, but she wasn't anyone... She was the Head of the Gerudo infantry. Her hands were on her hips as she glared down at Pike.

Her blood red hair was pinned up in a tight ponytail. She wore a crop top embroidered with the exotic Gerudo colours and baggy pattered trousers that were not full length. Her belt was gold and hung on her hips loosely. Pike tried to keep his eyes in check as he did his best to ignore her beauty. Her skin was a rich brown and she was large muscles over her entire body as a trophy to her years of being a soldier. Her eyes were gorgeous but had that harsh expression on them, she was definitely a force to be reckoned with.

"I asked you a question, soldier, do you have a problem with my warriors taking the horses?" She glared down at him.

Pike stood up and tried to match her stare, "I-I was just saying that- I know the men would appreciate it if we could ride the horses at some point..." His voice trailed off as he broke the death stare and looked down at the grass.

Hable and Arthur exchanged glances. They feared that their leader would slap Pike for questioning her. They stared at her in confusion when she started to laugh.

"I like you," she stated with a chuckle as she moved closer and forced him to look up at her, "You have spirit."

Pike didn't know what to say, "T-thank you?"

"If you really can't handle the walking," she chuckled, "You can share my horse with me!" She teased.

"No, I'm fine." Pike stated quickly.

She shook her head mockingly, "No, no, no, no, I command you to ride with me, I don't want the bid bag Knight collapsing from exhaustion!" She threw her arm on her head in a mock faint before she chuckled and walked off towards her tent at the front of camp.

Pike sighed and slumped down next to his snickering friends.

"You backed yourself into a corner there buddy!" Hable wiped a tear of laughter from his eyes as he leaned over and patted Pike on the back.

"You've finally got a girl to notice you, even if it didn't go as planned!" Arthur chuckled, "I think you should go for her!"

"Yeah, usually girls only talk to you so that you can introduce them to Link!" Hable scoffed.

"I should have just not complained" Pike sighed as he hid his face in his hands.

Pike would have done anything to be back at Hyrule Castle, training with his best friend, Link. Pike wasn't good with girls and definitely not with girls like the Head of the Gerudo! Goddess, he didn't even know her name! He cursed King Ganondorf for even sending them out on this hunt for the runaway Princess. Where was she and where could Link be?

***

Link cocked an eyebrow as the Princess took another great swig of the spirits. She had demanded that they buy a few bottles of Concentrated spirits. Link had obviously been confused as to why the Princess of all people wanted alcohol.

She rest against the trunk of the tree and watched the sun set in the distance. The more foul liquid she consumed, the better things seemed. The burning in her throat and the throbbing in her head got worse and worse but she accepted it. She was so tired as she had to sleep and thankfully the alcohol worked. As the sun dipped low, fatigue took her.

Link let out a sigh of relief as he heard her breaths find a suitable pace as she lulled to sleep. He hadn't slept since before he had met up with the Princess and his muscles were extremely sore. Epona nudged him affectionately. Link smiled up his steed.

"I have to protect the Princess..." He nodded in the direction of the girl holding a bottle of spirits in one hand and using a forest green cloak as a blanket.

Epona nudged his head hard as she huffed in annoyance. She had been with Link since she was a new born and she knew when he needed something. Right now he sincerely needed sleep. Link sighed with defeat and started to get himself comfortable.

"If she's dead when I wake up, I'm selling you to a farmer!" He pointed to Epona in warning.

When she used her muzzle to wack his head again, Link chuckled, "No, of course I wouldn't..."

He looked over at the Princess before he rest his head down on the grass and let the exhaustion take him. They had a long day ahead of them if they wanted to arrive at the ranch before nightfall the next day. Link slept soundly as he thought about the look on her face when he returned to her earlier than expected.