Part 4

He took me by surprise. He was looking too human without the mask. And to be honest he was quite handsome. His hair was crimson red, something that I have had noticed before, but didn't care enough to make a mark of. I was expecting to be killed when he went out. And he was also carrying a weapon as well so this was not really helping my case. I was ready to run or fight if I had to, but he didn't attack. He just reminded me not to oversleep again. Great. Give me an hour or something and it would be way more helpful....even though I was not having a clock outside anyway. Well,  the sun was giving me a good enough idea about the time anyway. He went back inside without saying anything more. I put the flowers aside. I saw them and thought that they look adorable and I have nothing better to do...

He woke me up the next morning saying that I was a lazy girl once again. And then we fought. I was even slower than the day before because my body was too sore and everything was hurting. But I managed to hit him. Just once but I did it and I felt really pleased with myself. This time I surrendered, because I was sure he would break my arm and if this happened I was going to be even easier to hunt down and killed. I needed to at least have nothing broken.

He was usually going out somewhere around lunch time and was usually back around 5 pm. And his clothes were usually bloody afterward. It was no surprise that people were missing from the villages nearby. It was probably him that was killing them. Well...there was a prize for his head anyway so the people hunting him were mostly other ninjas, assassins or killers in general.

It's been a week already since I came. The days were really boring. I was spending most of the time alone, apart from the mornings when we were training. I realized that even though he was not talking a lot, he was not pointing out the mistakes that I was making or giving me any kind of advice in general, I was really getting better. Or maybe I was just getting used to the way he was fighting, so it was easier to predict his moves. But this didn't really mean that I could beat him or I could have the upper hand in the combat. No way. After every fight, I was just as beaten as the first time.

After he came back after his usual walk I was feeling even more bored than usual. He was not talking to me and I wanted to convince myself that I didn't really mind, but... I was way too bored all of the time. This was a problem even when I was living back at the village. I always wanted someone to fight with, to talk with... and I was not okay with spending time doing nothing. And It looks like doing nothing was all I did during these days.

He was looking rather grumpy. And I thought that this was an achievement for someone like him that was looking grumpy most of the time anyway. I was wondering if he could even smile or feel happiness. I asked if he wanted to train again. He never answered. Just looked at me for a second, kind of tired, and went inside once again. This was making me even angrier.

His weird mood continued during our morning practice that day. He was not paying full attention and was really distracted. This was helpful for me since I managed to kick him in the stomach and to send two punches in his jaw. But my victory didn't last because I was soon back on the ground and I was not lucky at all because I managed to twist my ankle. Great...
"That's enough for today" he murmured and tried to walk away.

"No." I jumped back on my feet. "We just started! I can see that you feel..." he grabbed my face with his right hand.
"Enough" – he hissed. His tone was more threatening than usual. It was logical to just agree. I pushed his hand away and hit him straight in the face. He looked a little surprised and even made a step backwards. I was not going to give him more time to react. I wanted a fight and that's what I would get. I tried to hit him for a second time, aiming at his face for a second time and he tried to grab my hand and to make me stumble. He has done this before. I knew this would definitely knock me off balance and there was no way to keep myself on my feet. So I stepped a little on the side. I would still fall... but he would not stay on his feet either. I didn't gave him even a second to recover after the fall and tried to make sure he was stuck in the ground and put the kunai on his throat. I was a little out of breath.
"Okay, it looks like you learn fast." He murmured. I couldn't read his expression but I didn't care at this moment. I won. It was a little victory but the important thing was that I won. I let the blade on the ground. I was really pleased with myself. If only Haya could see me now! I was really getting better. Even if the progress was not big it was still something. One step at a time. I was wondering if at this point I would be able to beat Haya, or at least be a little closer to beating him. Once I kill the man... in front of...me...
"Sorry," I said and tried to stand up. I haven't realized that I was sitting on his torso earlier. The pose was a little too provocative. Unfrortinetelly my twisted ankle decided to betray me and I fell back on top of him. Shit. Fucking hell... He grabbed my waist  and for a second I thought I could see my whole life flashing in front of my eyes. And then he put me next to him, just as easily as when he was throwing me on the ground every time we were fighting, like a puppet. I could finally breath. But at the same time, I was red, embarrassed and mad at myself. It turns out that I was thinking about naughty things while he was just trying to get me off of him. This was even more embarrassing.

It rained later that day. I tried to hide somewhere but it was no use and I ended up being soaking wet, angry and really cold. If it was raining earlier it wouldn't have been a problem, because it was sunny and warm. But it was late...and the sun was no longer in the sky. So I was shivering most of the night trying to keep myself warm. I was not even sure when I fell to sleep but he never woke me up in the morning. When I woke up I was already around noon. I felt tempted to check the house again, especially since he was nowhere to be seen, but I remembered his warning and decided to keep it in mind. My neck felt worse than the previous days because I fell asleep soaking wet and it took me a few minutes to make my bones to work normally again. I felt gross and dirty so I went to the nearby river and took a dip. Closed my eyes and went underwater. It was going to be the full moon soon. I was always fighting with Haya at a full moon. I was wondering if he would remember that and think about me...