Part 5

I was sure she would not notice at all but I was wrong. I have always thought that my emotions were hard to read but she spotted that I was distracted too fast. After I went to the nearby town that day, to get some things that I needed, I was stopped by some random assassin that wanted my head. I still don't get why they are even trying. It should be obvious by now that they are usually way weaker than me. This one didn't even have time to be happy that he managed to find me. He was dead within seconds. I was ready to go back home when another ignorant idiot attacked. This one was fast. Not as easily killable as I thought.

"You will pay for all you've done." he was moving with the shadows. Like one of the shadows and I remembered something.

"Oh, you are that one" I murmured. I was waiting for his attack. And he attacked soon after. It was not hard to move a little on the side and his blades all missed me. "you and your little umbrella friend saved that stupid girl the first time she tried to kill me." I was waiting for an answer but the other ninja only tried to attack again and again.

I caught the next kunai that was flying toward me.

"The first time?" he asked and I finally saw him. He was no longer hiding in the shadows. He was holding his katana in his hand and looked ready to attack and kill me. "She found you again after we saved her?" he was trying to sound calm. Interesting. He was also delaying his attack so he can talk and maybe get something out of me.

"She did." I answered calmly.

He disappeared from my eyes. In a second he was behind me but I was still faster and I managed to riposte.

"Where is she now?" he was trying to stay calm but I could see right through his façade. He was actually worried about her and the possibility of her being dead. "I swear if you've killed her your death will be slow and miserable." I just smiled. His threats were nothing to me. Not giving him an answer made him angrier, and this made things even easier for me. I noticed something in the corner of my eye. It took me second to hit the unknown ninja in the chest and to jump toward the thing I noticed.

Oh... I thought he would be smart enough to leave the little girl out of this, but here she was. She pointed her umbrella at me and tried to say something but I caught her and covered her mouth before she could.

"Kagura what..." oh so she was not supposed to be here. Poor girl. She was going to die without a real reason. The male ninja was looking a little too pale. "Let her go!" he demanded.

"I was not the one that was picking a fight" I reminded him. The girl looked terrified when I put the blade on her skin. Her eyes were full of tears and she was trying to scratch my hand with her nails. Her umbrella was laying on the ground in a few meters away from us.

It looks like the girl realized that the sad eyes won't work at me and she stepped on my foot with all her strength and then hit me in the stomach with her elbow. It didn't hurt at all. She continued with her struggles. The ninja attacked again. This time he didn't even try to kill me. He was just trying to get the blade out of my hand. And he did it, his kunai went deep into my skin. I thought he would attack while I was still bleeding but he didn't. He grabbed the girl and disappeared in the shadows taking her little umbrella as well.

I was pissed. How dare he ran away... twice! This was a fight I was waiting for. He looked strong enough...maybe not as strong as I hoped but definitely not boringly weak as all the others. When I went back the girl asked me if I wanted to train again. No...no I didn't. Was she even aware that she had friends that were looking for her? Stupid girl...

I was still thinking about this the next day. And she even managed to pin me to the ground after I tried to end the training session. I was looking at her the whole time. Her face went from having this satisfied look to turning bright red. I almost smirked at her expression, she was probably going to become even redder if she saw my smirk. I was wearing my mask so it all stayed hidden. She couldn't even stand up on her feet. When I grabbed her body to get her off me she looked a little scared. Was she even aware of how clear her thoughts were? I could've commented but decided that her face was red enough. Plus seeing her dying from embarrassment was something I was not planning. I left her alone outside.

It rained later that day...and during the night. I was expecting her to knock on the door and beg to go inside during the storm but she didn't. It was not my duty to take care of her, so I left her outside. If she was stubborn enough not to ask to be let in I was not going to offer. I didn't wake her up that morning. I was really not in the mood for dealing with her. So I left her and went in the woods to check if the traps were on their place. All were. This means no one was walking nearby...meaning that the shadow ninja was still searching for me... just like the rest of my head hunters...except the one that was living in front of the house I was inhabiting...

***

When I went back home the girl was nowhere to be found. She was usually around so I guessed that she probably decided that her life was more important than the pathetic idea of killing me. But what if she decides to come back with all of the people that wanted me dead... this would be troublesome. Great, now I have to spend my time hunting her down before she manages to go to the nearby town. I was already carrying my weapons so I was not going to lose time taking them from the house. She was probably smart enough not to leave any traces so finding her would not be the easiest task. I just had to...

I found her fast...because she never tried to run away. She was near the river. She was having just her dress on, all of the other clothes and gears were on the ground... I was about to walk away when she noticed me. She wrapped her hands and that was the moment when I realized that her dress was not even fully on. She never zipped it...

"I-is something wrong?" she asked and was looking more than uncomfortable.
"No. I thought you ran away." I just said and she looked confused. Her hair was down for the first time. I was keeping my eyes on hers.
"Oh..."
"If you do run I will hunt you down and kill you. I am not risking it. You can still tell someone about this place." She nodded. I turned around and made a few steps. "We can train after you are ready if you want..." I was not sure why I suggested this when I could just go back to the forest and not deal with her at all. This was what I preferred. Spending time with her was not a good idea. She came after a few minutes...with the gears in her hands. This stupid, stupid girl.
"Okay, let's train." She said after she put her gears on the fence of the stairs...Was she aware of how seductive she was looking like this, with only half of her clothes on?

"Aren't you going to put these back on?" I asked and she looked at me with a stupid expression.
"No." she said "They are all wet. The leather will take a while to dry... and even though I spent the whole night soaking wet, thanks to the rain, I don't feel like being cold again, thank you very much." She was pounding... I rolled my eyes. "I still can't move my neck properly, don't you dare roll your eyes again!" this kind of mad was just making me laugh. She was looking like a cat that was trying to scratch you but was too afraid to do so.

"Come" she looked at me with a surprised face. "Don't waste my time, girl." She made a few steps in my direction but still stayed a few steps away. I grabbed her hand and spun her around. 

---------------------------

hmmm... thoughts?