Part 14

Kagura and I were searching in the forest but all we found were abandoned camps. There were no traces from other humans or the Akuma ninja himself. I was getting worried about Hanabi especially after what the traitor said. I hoped it was all a bad joke and even if she found him a second time she is still alive. I thought that she is smart and trained enough to run away.

We went back to the town for more supplies. Kagura was shopping for food and I was just staying a few metres away from her. I was not good at talking with other people. I was grateful that she was with me. She was the one that said she had feelings for me, not the other way, even though I loved her for a long time. I was really happy and seeing her expression when I confessed my feelings as well made me even happier. But at the same time, all I could think about was how hurt I would feel if the traitor hurts her. I don't think I could bear this.... I asked her to go home but she has always been too stubborn. So she stayed.

She is a little more reasonable than Hanabi, always been, but just as suborn. I think If they spend a little more time together they could even be friends.... That is if Hanabi was still alive.

Kagura was walking my way when we heard the screams.

"Stop them!" it was an older man. I sad the running figure and it took me less than a second to realize it was a thieve.... So I went after him. Kagura was running after me with all the supplies in one hand and her umbrella in the other.

I felt a weird presence and another kind of familiar one but ignored it. I caught the thieve after a while. The town guards came a few seconds after that and I left them to take care of him. Kagura smiled.

"Good job," she said. We spend a little more time in the town. It looks like it was hot days for the thieves. The town doctor was talking about a couple that stole medicine form him...and in his words "the bitch even hit him hard in the face"

"Who would've guessed that the town is just as dangerous as the woods" Kagura said with a joking voice. I smiled looking at her. "Let's go." She grabbed my hand and we walked together.

***

It was the middle of the night when I woke up... but I was feeling really hungry. Hanzo was usually sharing the food with me...or at least he started doing after I started sleeping in the house. I was trying to walk in the dark without knocking anything down and I didn't want to light up a candle because the light could wake him up and he was probably sleeping in the next room. I was feeling a little embarrassed by my behaviour earlier. First I was just picking up a fight and than...oh... it's so embarrassing, asking him that... really Hanabi? I mean... what if he thought that I was asking if he liked cute girls? Not that this was bad... I mean i like cute things myself, well...not saying that things and people are the same... but... oh.. I should just learn how to keep my mouth shut. 

I managed to get to the bread that was left on the table without breaking anything, including my legs, I ripped a piece off of it and ate a little. I think it was the first time I was really feeling hungry in days. I was mostly eating because the traitor was threatening to kill me on the spot or not train with me when I get better. I ate a little more and then decided to go back to sleep... but I lost my balance again and a second later I was on the ground. I heard the steps before I was able to move and a second later the light from the candle burned my eyes.

"What the fuck are you doing?" his voice sounded deeper and he was still looking sleepy. His hair was a mess and he was shirtless. And here I was still on the ground with my blurry vision, pulsing head, and aching chest.  My cheeks became red hot. 

"I was hungry." He sighed and made a few steps in my direction.

"And why did you decide it's a good idea to walk in the dark?" I didn't say anything. Telling him that I didn't want to wake him would be dumb. "Okay..." he was silent for a second "You can at least drink the medicine after you are awake." And I did. It tasted gross. He was having this expression on his face... I hated it. 

"Stop smirking or I will shack your face with something..." I was sure he was about to laugh but he fake coughed and put his hand in front of his mouth.

"I would like to see you try." And I tried but it was an easy task for him to catch my hand. "I would love to see you try harder next time." I had no words to say. His voice was too low and he was too close. I ripped my hand and he smirked again. Then he turned around  "Good night Hanabi." my name was still sounding... unfamiliar when he was saying it but I liked how it sounded. It also meant that he was kind of listening to all my rumbling.  And he walked back to his room... I realized that I was looking at him the whole time. Once again I was a little amazed at how human he was...

***
I tried to fall asleep after I left her but couldn't. I looked at the sword a few metres away. I could just kill her... now. End it all. Let the demon sword devour her... she would not be sick and I would not have to deal with her. But... I kind of like dealing with her. It was so...amusing seeing all her expressions and reactions. It was interesting to have someone to talk with... it was not as lonely. I was wondering...after the tree mounts end after I kill her... would it be weird to be all alone again?

My thoughts went back to her question from earlier. Her shadow boy was a compleat idiot for not seeing her feelings toward him. And even more stupid for not liking her back. I guess...if she had the courage to tell him, or if he was a little less stupid and had noticed, she was not going to be here now. She would've probably not decided to look for me in hope of gaining his attention...and I realized that I was glad in a way. Glad that the shadow was a dump piece of shit too blind to see what was in front of him so I could meet her...

In the morning when I got out of bed she was still sleeping in the corner hugging the blanket. I took a glance at her. Yes... her shadow friend was a compleat idiot. I looked away from her and walked out of the house.  I hoped we could continue with the training again soon. It was interesting...fighting with her... 

--------------------------------

Another one so soon? o.0 Yup...I felt inspired after all of the comments in the previous one. Thank you sososososo much! 

The reference... actually there were other in-game dialogue references in previous chapters but i guess they were not as visible. :D :D :D and I think they were Hanzo's, not Hanabi's.... oh well anyways. :D :D :D Ideas about future chapters?  I have all of the story in mind, including the end, but I was wondering if you have some ideas about what will happen in future chapters...or something you would like to read in future chapters. :D 

There was a question about the money and why they didn't buy the medicine but stole it, I will try to answer it more clearly in the next chapter, but in short -  nope, she didn't have the money to pay for the medicine. :)