Part 15

When I woke up it was already sunny outside. It looks like he was not going to train with me again today since he never woke me up. It was weird. He was usually outside meditating or eating in the little kitchen but now he was nowhere to be found. I thought that he might be sleeping, but I was not going to check. That room was still off the limits I was allowed in and I would respect that. I looked at the things in the kitchen cabinets and made myself sandwich with strawberry jam. I made two more and left them on the table on the plate in case he was hungry. He was giving me food... so making the sandwiches felt like a fair thing to do. A way to repay.

I looked at my weapon left in the corner of the room. I was having no doubts that night...when I left. I thought that it will all be all right when I come back. I would be a hero. The strongest...the one that killed the Akuma ninja. But as the time was passing I was starting to worry. I was wondering if I would have to live far from home all my life like another traitor for stealing and bringing shame to my clan... I was wondering if I can come back and beg on my knees to be welcomed back, even with a punishment, but...this was all just in case I don't find the traitor. Now, when I had already found him I was still confused. I was not sure that my clan would welcome me back even if I kill him. But I was pushing these thoughts away. First I should survive...and kill him. I will think about the rest later.

I look at the little bottle of medicine. Another thing I would do is to go back to the doctor, the moment when all of this is over...and pay. Hanzo's words were stinging me. I didn't like that I stole Higanbana... but I did because I had to, to have a chance at winning. Just like I had to steal the medicine. At first, I had money...not a lot, but enough. But I was not thinking that it will take me so long to find him. I was sleeping in taverns and buying food instead of preparing it myself, not that I could I was terrible at cooking and could do only the most simple things, and this consumed a lot of my savings. Then, while I was still searching for him, I started taking other smaller jobs. Stalking someone's husband to see if he was cheating. I was something like a bodyguard to a girl for a few weeks, always walking behind her in the shadows, just in case. Her family was worried that someone was bullying her...catching thieves and ect.

I found him just before I lost all hope of finding him. I spent part of the little money that I had left that day when we first went to the town for food...and the other part was still here but I don't think it would've been enough for medicine and the doctor's examination. 

I walked outside t breath some fresh air when my head started to spun again. I stopped in place and stayed in one place until I felt better. Like I was suspecting Hanzo was not outside. He came back a few hours later. I was surprised to see his and leg bleeding.

"What happened?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Nothing." He said simply and tried to walk inside the house. I was following and even I got annoyed by myself. It was obvious that he was not the type to talk a lot. Why was I even making efforts with asking? "Why are you following? You need something?" I opened my mouth but didn't say anything. He was looking a little annoyed even though I was seeing just his eyes. His mask was covering the lower part of his face.

"No..." I said in a few seconds. "Just so you know...there is food for you on the table... and I wanted to let you know that I want to start with the training again tomorrow." He nodded and looked at the table. His blood was still dripping all over the floor.

"Okay. We will fight...if you are not going to faint again." He said and walked in his room. I hated to say it... but I was curious about what had happened.

***

When I found the camp it was already... not abandoned but dead. The bodies were ripped to shreds and the whole place stunk like rotten flesh. At first, I thought it might've been a robbery but all the things that looked like you could sell or use were still in the tents. It might've been a bear or some other wild animal... but when I got close and took a look at the wounds in the bodies it was already obvious that it was not done by an animal.