Part 18

I was not in the mood of dealing with her the day after I kicked her out of the house. And even though I was still mad at her I was wondering why she never took her medicine. This stupid girl... And she was not trying to talk with me either so I wanted to think that it was a win-win situation. She was not bothering me and this had to be a good thing. The only thing is that it was... a little weird. It was just like before...

The second day I was already starting to regret throwing her out. But I was not going to invite her back in. I wanted her to ask. I was sick of her always neglecting herself, from the first day I met her. But she never asked me to go inside again. And even though I tried to fall asleep, the sound of the rain kept me awake. I was waiting for the knock... and in the middle of the night, when I realized that she will not ask to come back in I went outside.

She was sleeping. The rain was still falling heavily and she was looking cold. I could see her trying to get warmer by hugging the blanket... but It was wet as well. How could she even sleep like this? I shook her but it looks like she was tired since she only murmured that she wanted to sleep. I thought of leaving her outside again. I really did... for a second. Then I realized that I should not care about her...but still ended up taking her inside. I was convincing myself that I was not doing it for her. She would be a pain to look after if she gets sick...

When I picked her up off the ground she wrapped her arms around my neck instinctively. She was not heavy so it was not that hard to carry her. It was harder to let her go since she was not really letting me go. I knew she was cold, and I was keeping her warm, but staying next to her just to keep her warm felt... not right at all. I got the wet blanket and threw another dry one on top of her. She hugged it and continued sleeping. I felt... good, knowing that she is safe inside...and it was scary and weird and unusual... thinking about someone else and not me... it really was. I was not sure how I felt about it...I wanted to go back to the old days when she was not here... but it was going to be lonely again...

I was getting angry at myself. What was I even thinking? I decided that I needed sleep and went back to my room.

She was sleeping when I woke up. I was already suspecting that she will try to do something ridiculous to make me talk with her again. And to be honest I liked speaking with her as well... and I was no longer as angry as I was before. At first, I was not even sure what made me so mad... but I think I was starting to figure it out a little more. I was kind of expecting her to throw a tantrum and demand that I should start talking, but she never did. I was watching her as she stood up from her place and walked to the door. I have already told her not to walk into my room. I was not liking the idea of people looking at my things. The expression she had on her face was priceless. She was waiting for me to say something... she was having a mischevious expression. She knew she was doing something that she was not supposed to...

I waited a second. I wanted to see the disappointment on her face. She was shocked when the door didn't open. I locked it earlier. Just as I thought...she was going to do something ridiculous. I looked back at my food and a few seconds later I've heard the door closing. She went outside.

I was determined to let her be. If she wanted to act like a child...then so be it. But no matter what I was doing during the day, all the questions I wanted to ask her kept popping out in my head. If she drank the medicine, does she wants to train again after dinner (It was surprising that I was actually having fun fighting with her) or even the most ridiculous of all...if she wanted rice or mushroom soup for dinner? It doesn't matter what she wants... Why was I even bothering cooking for her as well? I should just leave her to starve to death....It will be way easier for me than to continue with this...