Part 17

With each day she was looking healthier. The medicine was working and this was great. My own wounds were healing as well so out fights were no longer the parody from a weak and a half ago. Her progress was visible and... I was actually happy to see her succeed. I mean... it would be more interesting to fight against her now... there was no other reason... 

She said she wanted to take a walk, I was not sure why she was even informing me but I said okay and she went into the forest. 

She came back a few hours later and looked...off. She was usually quite talkative, asked a lot of questions, and was annoying the crap out of me most of the time, but here she was, silent again. She ate little for dinner.

"Something's wrong?" I asked and looked at her. She shook her head.

"No. I am just tired. Good night." I was looking at her and she looked back. "What?" I raised  an eyebrow. Her tone was really sharp.

"Someone is pissed off at the world, hm?" she said she was tired for a second time and looked at the wall. I could just let her be. I had to leave her and go to sleep... but I sat next to her and rested my head on my hand. "Period cramps?" she looked at me and her face turned red.

"No!" she was silent for a second. Her face went back to its normal shade. "You...you've mentioned that they are looking for you...does that means you've seen them?" so this was bothering her. Then again...why it was always them? Knowing that it has already been more than a month wasn't she supposed to be worried about her...her safety...her life. But she was never asking about it. The only thing that was making her silent and cold was...him. So annoying. I felt like all of this was one big circle and she was always staying at one place...

"I just know they are. You mentioned that it's his mission to kill me...and you want to do it before he does." I said. 

"And you swear you haven't seen them?" I sho=k my head. I was not expecting her to slam her hands on the table. "Why are you lying to me? Why didn't you tell me they are in the forest... that you've met them...that you even fought with Haya!" she was screaming and I already knew that she had seen them. She was silent for a second. "Did you hurt him?" she was still caring about him... 

"Not really." Her face was saying she was not believing me.

"Lies! I saw him! I was him and Kagura...and he was hurt. Why didn't you just kill them right then and there? Or you thought that their bodies will rot in the next month and it will be a waste to kill them now..." well... I was silent. She looked hurt and I could see how angry she was. I knew that staying silent might make her even angrier....like I was admitting to everything she said...but I also knew that she would not believe anything I would say at the moment. "You are not going to answer?" her voice was lower now...she was no longer screaming. I was not sure why I was angry..why all of this was managing to get on my nerves. 

"There are other assassins in the forest. They might've fought with your beloved shadow... and believe me... I don't need to kill them to win against you... " she looked like I slapped her but never said a word. I knew my word would hurt her... but I was angry and all of the words came out of my mouth before I could stop them. "And since you don't believe anything I am saying you should not trust me. I might still murder you in your sleep or even worse...so... don't go in the house anymore." She stands up on her feet, grabbed the blanket and shuts the door closed behind her. I've never told her that she can get the blanket with her but felt too tired to walk after her and get it.

I went back to my bedroom and laid on the bed and closed my eyes, deciding I needed some good sleep... 

***