Part 9

I... didn't like Haya... I was not in love with Haya. No way. It was just that I hated him that much and this was making me think about him that much. That's all... I was feeling this feeling in my chest when he was with Kagura, because I wanted him to spend more time training with me so I can beat him... yes...that's all...

This really messed me. I hated thinking about it... He was wrong. He knew nothing about me and my feelings... that's all. He can't just say something like this! It was all to piss me off, I know it. I am sure!

I put my own clothes back on and banged on the door until he opened with a rather grumpy expression.

"Finally thought of something to say?" he asked. I literally pushed the clothes in his hands.

"Here." I said and tried to close the door at his face. Funny... it was usually the opposite... He shrugged and let me close the door. I put my hair in the usual ponytail and sat down on the stairs. I felt like a stray dog... and I was already ready to sell my soul for a comfortable place to sleep. I took a glance at the door. Maybe I can get a pillow if I win the fight tomorrow?

It was not the full moon anymore, but the moon was still really big and it was easy to see the things around even during at night. The Akuma ninja had some light in one of the rooms and this was drawing all the mosquitoes around the window...and me. It was such pain...

I got even angrier when the door opened. This brought more light... and more mosquitoes.

"Someone looks ready for a fight." He looked at me with a little too satisfied face.

"For someone that said they didn't need a company you are spending a little too much time talking with me." I knew this was mean...but didn't care enough.

"Why did you think I was out because of you?" he asked... well... there is no one around so it was not hard for me to assume. This was the moment I realized that he was carrying his sword as well. "No answer?" yes... it looks like it was becoming repetitive. I had no answer for a second time...but to be honest I was too tired to think of one. "Don't snoop in the house again." And he went in the night. And here I was left alone again. I was trying to sleep peacefully outside, but the mosquitoes were a little too loud buzzing and flying next to my ears.

I knew he told me not to go into the house again... but it was really tempting. No...no it was a dumb idea. So I just closed my eyes and tried to sleep.

I had the best dream. I was back at the village. I have won. Haya was there as well, smiling. He was so proud of me. He told me that he knew I could do it, that I can win. He was leaning in for a kiss when I woke up...nope, I was awakened. Great. I opened my eyes and tried to focus. The sound was annoying and it took me a second to realize that it was just the door next to me. So he came back? I blinked a few times. The sky was purple and pink and orange... Dawn... I closed my eyes, knowing that the annoying ninja will come and wake me up again in a few minutes. I was already pissed off at him for waking me up from my dream... I was not ready to really wake up..or fight. I was going to ask for a pillow today...

***

When I walked through the door I heard the little pop sound and saw how the tread was still falling down after being broken... so she really had stayed outside all night. I was sure this curious fox would try to check all the things inside again. Or steal some of the food...

I left the sword and went back outside. I spent the night in the forest hunting two assassins that were having a camp there. It was honestly a bit of luck finding them. I was headed to the town, to check if people were still giving prizes for my head. If yes...then I would definitely have a lot of people to hint down. I also wanted to have some time to train on my own. When I saw the campfire I decided to check. The assassins were two. I approached their campfire slowly, making enough noise for them to notice me, but not enough to realize it was intentional.