Part 16

I was feeling way better. My vision was still becoming a little blurry from time to time and the world was spinning, but not as often. Fighting with Hanzo was... tragedy. I was sure that if someone was watching us they would laugh hysterically. Mostly because I missed him a few times, not because he moved, but because the world decided to spin in front of my eyes in that exact second. He was way slower than before, due to the wound in his leg.

But I was having a lot of fun as weird as this was. I accidentally kicked him in the leg that was injured and I could clearly see the pain on his face.

"I am sorry!" I tried to apologise. He looked at me and laughed.

"For what? We are fighting, aren't we?" he asked. His eyes were glowy. "Plus... if you know your opponent's weakness why not use it? " I nodded... even though I still felt sorry. I mean... he was not attacking me when I said that my head was spinning. It just wasn't fair...

"I am still curious... you killed more assassins yesterday?" I was trying not to sound judgemental. Because I was not judging. I was just curious... I was also not keen on the idea of him going and fighting some other killers... what if they were a whole group or something? Even if he is strong I don't think he can kill a whole group of assassins. And...we still had our deal. So keeping him safe for the next month and a half was kind of like a priority for me. I was not here for an unfair fight...

"Not really. More like they killed the other killers... but one ran away." I was...surprised. I was not really expecting an answer. "But I guess he won't be a problem either." I knew he was not telling me everything, but I was sure he would not tell me anything else. "I am hungry." He announced and walked towards the house. I followed. There was no clear winner in our fight today.

I sat on the chair near him and poured some water while looking at him. He lit the wood in the stove, there was no electricity in the house and put a pot with water on it with some vegetable inside. I guess it was just natural for him to learn how to cook since there was no one else here... well... I guess being alone doesn't mean you can definitely cook... I was just the right example.

"Isn't this going to take too long? You can just make a sandwich if you are hungry..." he looked at me with a dumb expression.

"No one can live just on sandwiches all of the time. And it would not take a lot of time. Plus I have nothing better to do." Well...I guess he was right. I was not the best company anyways...always asking questions or just annoying the shit out of him.

"So... does that mean you cooked everything we ate?" he laughed again. It was weird. I was kind of used to seeing him with no expressions on his face... or with the one that was saying "stupid girl..." when he was not saying it out loud.

"No. Most of the things were bought ready from the town. But now I have nothing...and since I can't go back this is my only option." I was feeling a little guilty.

"Sorry..." he gave me a short look.

"You should stop thinking that everything's your fault." He said. I had no answer so I stayed quiet. "Even though this time it's kind of your fault. I mean...you are eating half of my food." I was chewing in the inner part on my cheek. Great...I was about to be thrown out of the house again. Good job Hanabi... "Maybe you should cook next time." He looked at me. I was not sure what expression I had on my face but he laughed again.

"I... don't think you want me to cook. I mean... if you like the house." He had a curious expression when he looked back at me. This time he sat in the chair in front of me. "I just can't do it. I would burn the whole house down." he chuckled.

"Well, hopefully, your spouse in the future knows how to...or you will both die eating only sandwiches." I laughed a little. This future sounded too far away. And it was a future where I was alive after our battle. It was a future where he was dead... but I guess all of these thoughts were a little too dark for the light conversation we were trying to have. "But that's only if you win... otherwise, you will become the food for Ame no Habakiri." And the light conversation was over. I guess living with someone you had to kill was hard... even for him. It was hard for me as well. Especially when I was getting to know him better... and getting used to him.

"Yeah...if I win..." I said. I was looking at my hands and was no longer looking at him.

"Let's assume you win..." I looked back at him "You will go back home... to your clan?" he asked. I nodded. This was the plan... "You miss it?" he asked. I was not sure... so I was silent for a second.

"Not really..." I missed Haya... but no one else. And he was not really from my clan...

"I have already told you that you are a terrible liar...why are you still trying to lie?" I shook my head and said that I was not lying. "but you probably miss your friends?"

***
I was looking at her face the whole time so it was easy to spot the red colour that bloomed on her cheeks. I caught you girl... So she was still thinking about him. This only meant that I made the right decision for not telling her that he is in the woods. But she decided to play dumb once again.

"I had no friends." Okay than... she is the stubborn one, not me.

"Okay. Not friend... but you know, the shadow..." she cut me off saying that she did not miss him at all. Her face was saying otherwise. I smirked and it looks like this pissed her off. "If you say so..."

"Either way...even if I do miss him it doesn't matter. At all. He doesn't care about me. And he would definitely never be the cooking spouse you mentioned... because he likes Kagura and she is cute and all...and I am not." She was still not looking at me. I rolled my eyes. Was she blind or something? She might not be the cutest but she was beautiful.

"Are you mad?" I asked and she looked at me with an angry expression. Yes...she was angry. "You know they are looking for me as well? Your shadow and..." she hissed that he is not hers. Okay... I would not call him that again. I don't like it anyway. I just do it to make her mad... "Okay... the shadow and his friend. What will you do if they find me? If I kill them?" her face became pale. "They are alive... you can breath." She looked at the table.

"I don't care. I don't care about that idiot. Not at all..." yeah...she was not caring... at all... like I would believe that. But at least I already knew. They...or at least he, was the weak spot I was talking about earlier. Even if she becomes better, even if she has a chance of winning, I guess telling her he's dead would be enough to throw her off her feet...

"And you? What you would do if you win?" she asked. Nothing... I would continue with my life just like before. Like she was never there. That's what I told her...and she nodded slowly.

"But..." I stood up from my chair "I guess it would be waste... " she never asked what I was talking about. "But if you do win... do me favour... and hit that shadow's face really hard when you meet him again." She looked confused, but just like before didn't ask why. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------