11 - Boruto Remembers.

2 Weeks after the Project "Going Back" began.

So lately I've been wondering. Why haven't my memories come in yet? Sarada was supposed to be the trigger for them, but nothing has happened. I mean, I understand how someone can change between years 4 through 17, but this is confusing. Inojin said to try and think of something that someone always did, but my head is a big blank. I tried hanging around Sarada a little more, but she might not be the answer. I'll try Sumire next, then. She does say that we did a lot back then, anyway.

Boruto had finally snapped out of his little trance. Lucky for him, Himawari and Sumire were standing before him, eager to speak.

"Boruto. Could you come with us?" Himawari asks, knowing that Sumire wouldn't be able to ask.

"I mean, I was going to wait on Sarada and go to lunch, but I don't see a reason to not go with you guys."

'BAKA!' Sumire thought.

The three started to make their way to around the back of the school, only for them to spot Sarada there listening to music.

"Why's she here?" Himawari asks.

"Well, her and I were going to eat back here, but you guys invited me to join you guys, and I never say no to my sister."

Sumire tapped Sarada's shoulder softly, as if she were a fragile object that could break at any moment. To this, Sarada jumped a bit, but when she saw her friends, she calmed.

"What are you guys here for?"

"We wanted to talk about... him," Himawari responds, pointing towards Boruto. "He's been a little too quiet lately. He's been around you for the entire week, and we don't know his motives."

"C' mon, do you guys really think something's wrong with me?"

"YES!" both Himawari and Sumire respond. They were slowly getting close to him, making him get closer and closer to the corner of the wall. That's when the first memory came in.

"We're gonna beat you up good!"

Why? What have I done?

I just wanted to drink my milk, Shikadai!

There was no reason for you to get Metal and Denki to come and beat me!

"What have I done?"

"You've done everything, you brat. From taking Sarada's heart, all the way to making Sumire cry! You deserve every punch- no bruise that you get! Every ounce of blood that touches the ground is a good deed!"

"We're only in the second grade! Why do you have to always hurt me?"

And they began hitting him. Shikadai had tied him up, so there wasn't any escape. Denki had a knife, so you know how that turned out.

"Boruto! Are y-you okay? What's wrong with you?"

"Boruto! Are y-you okay? What's wrong?"

"Boruto! Are you okay?"

Boruto had fallen onto the ground and clenched his hair with his free hand. It was painful, remembering.

A tear fell down Boruto's face, but you couldn't see his face since his hair hid it. All he could hear were his childish screams from all of the pain that was being stamped onto him. He dug his nails into his scalp with such a force that it started to bleed. You could see him there, struggling and shaking. Boruto wasn't a person who was big on emotion, but since he was a Taurus, the past got to him. Nobody had moved since this shockwave of fear managed to freeze their entire body. Then, the most painful thing happened.

Boruto started sobbing, loudly.

"BAKA! WHY WOULD YOU TRY AND HURT MITSUKI?"

Sarada really just called me an idiot.

She's walking over to me now, so I'll be getting hit, as always.

So why am I crying? I knew that this was going to happen as soon as Mitsuki insulted my mother.

I HATE HOW I'M BEING TREATED! WASN'T THIS SUPPOSED TO BE A PLAY DATE?

Sarada began punching him and kneeing him near the ribs like she always did. She always abused him, so this wasn't that big, to her at least. She stopped as soon as she realized that he was softly sobbing.

"W-wait what's wrong with you?"

Boruto didn't answer. He was too... exhausted to answer.

"A-are you okay? Please don't tell my mom! I beg you! Please!"

Instead of answering, he just shook his head up and down.

SHE LITERALLY JUST MADE YOU CRY, BORUTO! SO WHY DID YOU STOP HER FROM GETTING IN TROUBLE?

You like her, that's why.

You really are an idiot.

"I'm not an idiot!" Boruto randomly yelled out, his cracky voice loud, sending more fear to the girls' hearts. Sarada decided to stop standing around and help the boy, so she got up and ran to his aid.

She held the boy's head up by the chin. She saw his face. It was completely wet, and his eyes were closed. It looked as if the boy was trapped in a loop of events that held in a special part of his head. Well, that is what was happening. He was being reminded of his suffering because they are a source of power.

But why was it so painful?