Target: Minato Namikaze

"Alright! Boruto! Go kill your grandfather!"

"What?"

"Did I stutter? Go kill your grandfather!"

Sakura was now standing next to Himawari.

"NO!"

Sakura slapped Himawari as hard as she could, which left a deep, dark red mark on her cheek.

"No! I'll take the punishment! Don't hurt her!"

"That's not how this works, Boruto. You do what I say. If you don't, I hit your loved ones. Go. Kill. Your. Grandfather."

Boruto nodded and left. He got back on the motorcycle and began to drive. Once he saw the house, he crashed into it. He got off, only to meet a frying pan. It broke the camera that was attached to his head, leaving Sakura in the dark. When he finally stood, he saw that it was none other than his grandmother, Kushina.

What no one knew, was that Boruto's headset had broken too. Now, Sakura didn't know what was happening at all.

"B-Boruto?!" she asks. He simply nodded. He then saw Hinata with her child, looking at him.

"Hi Hana!" he says. The baby giggled and waved.

"What are you doing, crashing into my house?!"
Boruto sighed.
"Sakura Haruno currently has Sarada, Himawari, and Sumire tied up. I was told to come here and kill grandpa Minato so that the girls could keep living."

Kushina sighed.

"I knew that bitch was crazy. I don't know how my son liked her back in his academy days."

"So, can I kill him?"
"HELL NO."

"Boruto, sweetie, your camera is broken." Hinata says, pointing at the crushed circle on the ground. Then, he saw the headset, which was broken too.
"Thanks, mom, but don't ever call me that again."

"Wait. Since both are broken, we can fake his death!"

Boruto's eyes lit up.

"Wait. But how do we do that?" Boruto asked, with a confused look. Kushina giggled.

"Your grandpa was the best at Hide 'N Seek back in the days." Kushina said. Boruto looked around thought of something.

The other two were thinking about how they can sneak Grandpa Minato out of Sakura's target list. Then, something clicked into Hinata's mind.

"Hey! Why don't we give him sleeping pills and send Sakura a video about his 'death'?" Hinata said.

"Sounds good, but he'll be breathing normally. She will notice it." Boruto said, grabbing his chin.

"Nah. He's a heavy sleeper, he breathes through his mouth while sleeping and you can't even tell if he's alive or not." Kushina said. As soon as she finished, she laughed, remembering that one time she poked him with a knife to wake him up.

"So... Sleeping pills it is?" Hinata asked. Boruto thought about it for a moment but since they didn't have many options...

"Yeah." Boruto said, sighing. He could only pray this goes well.

-

"HEY! MINATO! COME DOWN HERE!"

"What is it?"

"Take this."

"Why? I'm not taking any pills. The Doctor said I'm healthy."

"Take it and don't ask any questions."

Minato looked at the pills. Kushina had two pills, about 500mg each. Minato didn't understand it at first but he still grabbed the pills and swallowed it.

"Okay, I took it. Now, why did I had to take it?" Minato asked. Kushina giggled.

"Sweet dreams~" Kushina said... Before grabbing her frying pan and knock the hell out of Minato. He fell unconscious.

"Why didn't we do that since the beginning?" Boruto asked, walking to see his grandfather.

"Because it wouldn't be fun~" Kushina said. "Besides, he would wake up shortly after knocking him out, so the sleeping pills will help, I guess." She added.

"Welp, time to record." Hinata said, taking out Boruto's phone out of his pocket. She handed it to him as she opened the camera app.

Boruto started recording and pointed the camera at his sleeping grandfather.

"Hey, Sakura. The camera and the headset broke so I'm pretty sure you will ask for a proof that I killed Minato. Here he is. I threw a killing gas on his room and I'm taking him outside to hide the corpse." Boruto said. He shot some pictures of him and ended the recording.

"I gotta go. I can't make her wait." Boruto said, putting his phone back on his pocket. Hinata waved at him goodbye and exited the room.

"Boruto, please kill that Sakura bitch for me. She has to pay." Kushina said with a giggle and a smile.

Boruto smiled and got on his bike. He started the engine and did like Tokyo Drift and drove to Sakura's base.

-

Minutes later, Boruto arrived at the base. He was walking down the halls to the chamber Sakura is in.

"Hey kiddo." A voice said. It was a raspy voice, and somehow felt hurt.

Boruto looked to his right and noticed his father walking with him. His face was dead serious, so he got serious as well and engaged in conversation with him.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Not much, I just wanted to know how is my son doing." N said.

"Well, as always. Killing people for my 'friends' and my sister's freedom." Boruto said. Somehow, he felt like he was doing this with no prize at all. He had to make something to guarantee that the girls would be released after he finished her bidding.

"Why do you say friends like that? Aren't they your childhood friends?" N asked, confused.

"Because... I don't think they see me as one... And I feel the urge to help them. They did nothing to be in here and it's all my fault, that's why I'm doing this for them." Boruto explained.

N looked at his son and felt something inside him. Something that reminded of himself, but he shrugged it off... That's the past.

"I see." N said and walked faster, then, he turned on a corner. Boruto kept walking to Sakura's chamber to meet with her.

He opened the door of the chamber and looked at the girls, who were asleep. Boruto sighed and continued his way to Sakura.

"Hey." Boruto said.

Sakura turned around and faced Boruto.

"What took you so long?"

"I'm not late. You are just saying that because you didn't have control of the situation over there."

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Because you should literally trust a little bit more on your minions."

Boruto took out his phone and played the video he recorded. Sakura watched it until the end and processed it.

"Seems legit. Good job." Sakura said, turning around.

Boruto sighed and walked to his usual spot on the chair in front of the girls. He sat down and looked at the girls, mostly Sarada.

He was conflicted. Why was he helping them even though they tortured him in the past?

Is it because of love? Empathy? Or is it because they're the only thing he has left?

He didn't know the answer to it, but he felt the need to do what he's doing because of them, and he decided to follow his heart.

He kept thinking until he fell asleep.