◦ 1 4 ◦

Today was one of the bad days.

It was nearing 5pm as Clover laid curled in on herself on her and Eggsy's bed, her eyes closed but she wasn't asleep. Her mind couldn't seem to shut off, though she didn't have the energy to do more than just lay there. Lady was tucked against her chest, occasionally laying a small lick against the brunette's chin, a reminder than she wasn't alone. JB was resting at Clover's feet, diligently watching the half-open door for any danger, which he would valiantly ward off to protect his owners.

JB was the first to react to the front door being opened, immediately flying off the bed to investigate. Clover pulled herself up, propping herself on her elbows, her eyes adjusting to the hallway light while Lady re-situated herself on the girl's hip. After a minute or two, Eggsy rushed into the room in only his boxers with brown stains smudges littering his face and hands, causing Clover to tilt her head in confusion.

"Eggsy...what-" Clover began but Eggsy was quick to cut her off.

"You don't want to know," He warned before adding, "By the way...don't touch the laundry."

"Why?"

"It's covered in shit," He explained bluntly, his lips twitching upward in amusement and his heart fluttering when he watched Clover scrunch her face up in disgust.

"Is that what's on your face?"

"Yep," He confirmed, popping the 'p'.

"That's disgusting."

Eggsy inched closer to the brunette with a small smirk on his face, Clover immediately leaned back, trying to get away from the smell. "How about a quick kiss, love?"

"Not a chance, Unwin," She replied with a scoff, "If you don't get in that shower in the next thirty seconds I'm kicking you out of the house and you can go live with Brandon for the next week."

The boy leaned back with a gasp, "You wouldn't," He dared, silently rejoicing at the small smile that formed on Clover's lips.

"Try me." The man immediately raised his hands and backed away to the en suit bathroom.

"I'd rather not, I know what you're capable off," Eggsy said, causing Clover to chuckle before shooing him off into the bathroom, knowing she had to get ready for Brandon's little birthday party eventually. She finally managed to haul herself from the beg and got changed. Eggsy snuck up behind her, reaching around to wrap his arms around her waist, nestling his head between her neck and shoulder.

"Are you sure you want to go tonight?" He asked, "I can easily tell Brandon we can't make it and we can go some other day when you're feeling better-"

Clover cut him off with a short shake of her head and a small, unconvincing smile, "It's okay, Eggsy."

He frowned, "You don't have to be okay, Clove, I know you're not, you don't have to hide that from me."

"I know," She replied with a sigh, her eyes focused on the floor in front of her as she gently and absentmindedly traced the veins lining his hands and arms that were wrapped around her, "I'm not hiding anything from you, Eggsy, I promise. There's not much I can really do other than to keep moving. I can't stay cooped up here all day, even if I wanted to, I know that."

The pair were silent for a moment before Eggsy gave in, pressing a kiss to her temple, "Okay, but as soon as you want to get outta there you let me know, alright?"

Clover nodded as Eggsy took her hand and led her out the hall and down the stairs, helping her into her coat once they reached the front door that opened onto the cold streets of London. Although Eggsy had made sure to take all of Harry's old decorations down, on bad days, Clover still struggled to let herself look around the apartment and as he walked her through the house and she avoided looking anywhere but him, he knew it was one of those days.