◦ 2 2 ◦

thank you guys so much for over 150k views on clover :((
I love you all and I hope you're having a good day 💕

With Whiskey 'taking care' of Clara, Clover and Eggsy were able to enjoy the festival, bouncing between the bar and the stage and they had to admit, it was one of the more enjoyable missions they'd been deployed on. After several hours and Whiskey giving the confirmation that the mission was a success they were about to head to their hotel. Before they could, Clover's phone rang.

"Hello?" She answered, leaning on Eggsy's shoulder in the back of a cab.

"Clover," Merlin began, "You might want to head back to Harry at Statesman."

The girls brow furrowed, "Is he okay?"

"He's fine. Ginger Ale and I tried to bring him back but...he's gone Goose," Eggsy watches as Clover's mood instantly deflated. "You're allowed to come back and say good bye and try to boost his memory but as far as we can tell, it's not coming back."

Clover nodded in defeat before wrapping up the call. She turned to Eggsy who waited patiently for her to fill him in. "He's gone," She whispered, the tears that had gathered up in her eyes finally falling as she sobbed. Eggsy quickly wrapped her up in his embrace, pressing kisses to her head as she cried into his shoulder, whimpering, "He's gone for good and we only just got him back."

. . . 

After pulling themselves together, Clover and Eggsy walked into Harry's room. Clover tensed when she noticed him packing his few belongings into a bag. Eggsy noticed and slipped his hand into hers, interlacing their fingers.

"Harry," He said, "What's going on?"

"I was just packing," The older man replied in an airy tone, before moving towards them, "Look at these lovely toiletries Merlin very kindly gave me as a leaving present."

"They're nice," Clover replied with a soft smile, practically clinging to Eggsy. Harry returned it, happy the woman no longer seemed angry at him.

"Here," Harry turned to Eggsy, presented a bottle labelled 'Kingsman' to the pair, "Try this aftershave."

"Yeah, I know, Harry," Eggsy replied gently, "I'm wearing it." He paused before his voice turned serious. "Listen, you can't just give up."

"Give up?" Harry questioned, "No, on the contrary. I'm about to achieve my dream. Researching rare butterflies alongside some of the finest minds in entomology." The man gestured to the drawings surrounding them and Clover sighed and closed her eyes, pressing her forehead against Eggsy's tricep. She just wanted Harry back home.

"You know, you may as well have me stuck up on this wall," Eggsy told him after a pause, "'Cause you're never gonna find a butterfly more interesting than me." Clover couldn't help but smile up at him.

"Sorry?" Harry questioned, looking away from his packing to focus his attention on the pair.

"When you and I first met, I was just, like, a maggot," Eggsy said, moving to stand on the opposite side of the bed, Clover sticking close beside him.

"Maggots turn into flies," Clover softly corrected him, she'd received several lectures on butterflies, particularly as a child. Harry would pick her up and sit her on his hip and point out all the different butterflies, listing off an expanse of facts for each.

Harry grinned at her before add, "Perhaps you mean larva."

"Larva, yeah, okay. Whatever," Eggsy brushed off their points and continued, "The point is...everyone wanted to squash me. But not you. Not Clover, your daughter. You two helped me to become a caterpillar. And now I've got wings. I'm flying higher than I ever dreamed. And that is all thanks to you two." Clover stared up at Eggsy, adoration bright in her gaze. It was then that she knew, no matter what happened to Harry, whether they got him back or not, that she'd always love the man by her side. That he was her family and the love of her life.

"I hate to seem rude, but I need to finish packing and get some sleep," Harry replied, though he made no move to do either of those things.

"Please," Clover said stepping forwards, "You can't just abandon us. You can't walk away from your old life. Kingsman need you. Every single person on this planet needs you...We need you..."

"Look you two,  whoever the Harry was that you knew, he's gone, I'm afraid. Goodbye," Clover took a deep, shaky breath as the older man extended his hand. Eggsy's was the first to take Harry's hand, shaking it with a trembling chin. 

Harry looked to Clover, unsure and slightly cautious as to what she'd do. "Can-Can I have a hug?" She whimpered, looking up at him with tear-filled eyes. He paused for a moment and shifted uncomfortably before sending her a stiff nod. She moved around the bed and into Harry's open arms. After several moments the older man relaxed, tightening his grip on the sniffling brunette ever so slightly as warmth spread through his body. It felt so familiar and, acting upon instinct, he pulled back to press a gentle kiss to her forehead. Harry then stepped back awkwardly and nodded to the pair.

Eggsy relinked his and Clover's hand and gently tugged her to the door. Within a couple of seconds they were let out and could do nothing but watched as the door closed behind them.

. . .

As the cab pulled up to the bar, Eggsy got out, holding the door open for Clover. They reached the door, the chatter of customers and country music seeping through the cracks of the old and worn wood. Clover paused and took her hand from Eggsy, "I think I'll just stay out here," She told him, doubting she'd be able to stomach being around so many people.

The man nodded in understand as he cupped her cheek, "You want a drink?"

"I'll just get whatever you're getting." Eggsy nodded once again and after kissing her on the cheek he walked into the bar, doing his best to be quick as he wasn't too comfortable leaving Clover alone outside at night in a foreign country.

They sat in silence after Eggsy returned with their drinks, only occasionally bringing their glasses to their lips before Clover broke it with a whisper, "I wanna go home...but we don't really have one anymore."

Eggsy smiled at her sadly, "Whenever I'm with you, no matter where we are, I'm home."

Clover's heart swelled and she looked up at him with a pout, "Why do you have to be so sweet." 

He chuckled and wrapped his arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer to him. She sighed, content as she snuggled into his chest, abandoning her drink on the ground in favour of Eggsy's warmth. "It'll be okay," He told her, "We'll keep making sure Harry's okay and we'll get a home of our own."

Clover grinned at the idea. Her and Eggsy having their own home. "We'll need get a nice big lawn for the dogs, speaking of which we should get more."

"Whatever you want," He replied, beaming as he pressed a kiss to her forehead. He paused as he pulled away, a frown coming to his face. Clover noticed in an instant and sat up, alert.

"What's wrong?" She asked, concerned.

"The dogs..." He whispered.

She nodded hesitantly, still confused, "Yeah, Lady andJB, they're okay Eggsy I got them out. Mrs. Hawkins from down the road is taking care of them."

"No, no, no," Eggsy shook his head, hauling himself to his feet, pulling Clover up with him before rushing to the road frantically trying to hail a cab.

Clover grabbed Eggsy's arm, pulling him to a stop. He stumbled slightly and looked at her, "Eggsy, you're scaring me," She said, looking up at him with wide eyes, "What's going on?"

"Clove, I think I know how we can get Harry back."

She raised an eyebrow at him, "And how are we going to do that?"

. . .

a/n:

i was gonna write some more about Clover and Eggsy at the festival but i've never been to one so idk what the Youth get up to there dhfksjhdf

also!! have a twitter @avratusi if you wanna follow and be friends :D

I'm gonna be doing a Q&A at some point !!!
Please ask some questions for it <3
They can be for me/clover/eggsy/anyone from this series :D
if you're not comfortable commenting here feel free to private message me
and you can be anonymous if you want!

xx Clara